Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Interesting Error Note

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2011  6:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SludgyWudgy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey all,

I have had this error note for quite some time, but now need has arisen, so I would like to sell it. The problem is, I don't have any real idea of how much it may be worth. It's a 1995 $1 bill with a huge fold across nearly half of the front of the bill with much of the front printed on what is the back when it is laid flat. The condition is very good. No corner or edge wear; slight center fold. It was circulated, but it only shows the most minimal wear.

So, take a look, tell me what you think! I've seen sellers on ebay asking in the hundreds to low thousands for errors more minor than this, but I am not privy to the subtleties that influence the value of these error notes. I appreciate any assistance in determining the value of this.

Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2011  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bluntedbobylon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one! A lot more if the middle fold wasn't there but I'd say easily 200 - 400
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2011  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Good luck!
Pillar of the Community
656 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2011  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
does the part with the error fold down onto the rest of the bill so it looks like a normal bilL?
Pillar of the Community
United States
7723 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2011  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I would have it certified (PCGS, PNG, etc..) if I were you!

And don't fold it anymore! Leave it open, let it breathe!
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Edited by oih82w8
11/21/2011 1:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2011  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angel2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just saw a graded folded over dollar bill on Pawn Stars. It was left folded by PCGS and was somewhat more folded and printed over. They appraised at 1000 to 1500. It was from the 1960s but a FRN not silver certificate. Weird I saw this thread as I was watching!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1307 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2011  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
does the part with the error fold down onto the rest of the bill so it looks like a normal bilL?

When you fold the extra paper so the front side of the note is intact, in will not look like a normal note; the left border will be that roughly 60 degree from vertical crease.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05