Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Five Dollar Not Without The Queens Head

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 6,404Next Topic
Page: of 2

Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2011  5:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add patrickminotte to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
so I have an opportunity to buy a note or to sell this note for a friend and I don't know it's value but am still researching it, could anyone please help me in this?
thanks for your time :)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1244 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2011  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Australian coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you add a picture that would help a lot :)
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2011  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
Australia
13496 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2011  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We'd definitely need pics, of your actual note. If it's "without the Queen's head", it could be a genuine missing-printing-stage error, or it could be a home-chemistry-lab solvent job.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2011  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add patrickminotte to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the story is that she received the note from a bank,not long after there was an add in the paper saying that 2 or 5 thousand dollars (she can not quite remember)will be given for the note.
i will try for the pic.
Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add patrickminotte to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add patrickminotte to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok so it was from a service station she got this note.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1244 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Australian coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nothing special, ink is rubbed off of it.
Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  02:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add patrickminotte to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
is it normal for the ink to be rubbed ff the face and no where else?
Valued Member
Australia
109 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  04:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add In2Fish2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like PMD to me, but a clearer pic would help heaps.
Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add patrickminotte to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i will try to get a better quality pic.
Australia
14 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2011  04:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grant to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone has simply scratched the face off. The original polymer $5 notes were easy to do this with.

There was no ad in the newspaper.
Learn More...
Australia
13496 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2011  07:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, the note has been defaced. Literally. Presumably by an anti-monarchist.

Sorry.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2011  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add patrickminotte to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you all for your input and time :)
have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Valued Member
Australia
278 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2011  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gecko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah the first set of these notes the face did scratch off easy.
seen a few and got some back in change.
I got one from the 7/11 down the road in the morning then tried to spend it there at lunch time and she wouldnt take it.
I told her to take it and if she has a problem to look at her CCTV and see that she handed it to me in the morning...... She took it in the end with a sad look on her face.
Australia
1 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2016  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aterfloris to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand these posts are old but.....I was trying to find information about a the $5 polymer note as well. I too am old enough to remember the event when the TV news showed miss printed notes where the Queen's face was missing. I located two in circulation but thought little else of it. I remember it being not long after they were first introduced. The serial numbers started with AA and they were withdrawn from circulation, within days of it being announced there were none. Please find attached a photo as evidence.

Edited by Aterfloris
05/08/2016 01:59 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 6,404Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05