Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Latest Themed Acquisitions - Birds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 44,189Next Topic
Page: of 8
Valued Member
Australia
262 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nicwinner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow, that's nice. I collect world silver coins that design with bird and hawk. will upload mine later. I sold some last week,include a 1975 belize proof set which full designed with different birds, and most silver/circulate coins from Pacific Ocean's regions have bird design on it. such like PNG, Cook island, Taku, etc
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This last one has absolutely the worst images of Charles & Di I've seen on a coin. I can't see any resemblance at all. Di has bee stung lips and chin, Chuck has a roman nose, way too much hair and his ears are too small.

For reasons unknown, someone local opened an All-American diner named Chuck and Di's.

Wasn't long before ppl called it Upchuck and Dies.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2479 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  06:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wasn't long before ppl called it Upchuck and Dies.

I have heard of a hair dressers called "Curl Up and Dye".

Steve
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Valued Member
Israel
423 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2012  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Angielczyk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just noticed this coin in my FAO collection.

It is 20 lire from San Marino dated 1975

Pillar of the Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2012  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ran across a couple more:

A keping of Malacca

And a couple of dirhams of UAE

Formerly nancyc
Australia
5152 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2012  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've found some more, but can't seem to find the time to take the piccies.
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Pillar of the Community
Australia
841 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2012  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here ya go mate

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2431 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2014  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altaira to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if these have been posted before, but here are mine:

On the left is a 2012 Lucky loonie and in the right is a 1992 Indonesian Rp. 500 Bunga Melati.
Toronto Coin Club www.torontocoinclub.ca
Office of the Secretary
Meetings 3rd Mondays at 7 PM
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1262 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2016  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add humpybong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Boy am I envious of some of those coins......some I already have others now on my bucket list.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5152 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that the images are back, I may put up some more of my pretty 'birdie' coins.

I'll have to do some work on them first as I now have 639 listed with a few more to add.
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Pillar of the Community
United States
3174 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love these collections based on themes....very cool!
Valued Member
New Zealand
421 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2020  06:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up some NZ pennies today and found there were 6 Aunc/BU 1964

TUI bird perched facing left in a setting of (yellow) kowhai blossoms
Valued Member
New Zealand
421 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2020  06:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New Zealand 6d 1933-1965 - 3 Monarchs

1939 (silver) - Low mintage 700,000

Huia bird, (now extinct), perched on a branch.

Pillar of the Community
Luxembourg
554 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add maudry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a partridge, Iran, Civic copper Erivan mint, AH1104.

Valued Member
Australia
99 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW - Twitching meets coin collecting.

Great selection Nancy. It was fun looking at your pics so thanks for uploading.
I do have a soft spot for the UK Farthing and also any coins with penguins. In general I prefer coins with animals on them.
Do you have the colombian 200 Pesos Coin (2012-2018)? If not I'll see if I have a spare.
Can you maybe send a list of what you have? Am sorting bulk coins quite often so would be happy to keep aside bird coins for you.
Edited by David Graham
07/09/2020 5:11 pm
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 44,189Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05