Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CCF's First Annual "Get The Kids Hooked" Drive

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20332 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2012  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sent!
Learn More...
United States
16356 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2012  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brucec, very awesome

On a side note, mmorgan22, a friend on and off the CCF, is going to give me some foreign coins to take with me, along with SilentAsianforHire's coins, which I will get from him at the Long Beach show coming up :-)
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Edited by vermontensium
04/22/2012 2:39 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2012  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A couple advantages to forn coins is that they encourage expansion of what's collectable, and they can't be spent in a moment of weakness.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1019 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2012  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Brucec to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby mine is in the mail please let me know that it did arrive wish I could attend the show but just will not work out and I am only a two hour drive from Phil.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2012  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some Aussie coins are in the mail today. Let me know when you get them
Pillar of the Community
United States
1253 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2012  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Silver Searcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish I could be there, but I live in the Midwest and I have some conflicts. Great idea, Bobby and I hope all goes well!
Edited by The Silver Searcher
07/04/2012 10:48 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1729 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2012  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have coins and Whitman albums that I can bring directly to the show. When should I plan to have them there so you can get them in time to set up for the kids' incentive activities? I will probably be driving directly in from the Washington, DC area after a stop in St. Mary's City, MD, so I need an ETA for the show in Philadelphia, anyway.

BTW any suggestions for my weekend stayover other than downtown Philadelphia would be appreciated (PM's might be best). If I could hop onto a train or bus or whatever, rather than drive directly to the hotel area, that would be awesome. I'd just as soon park the car and take public transportation until the event is over.
Learn More...
United States
16356 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2012  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let me talk to dad about the folders. I believe we'll start handing them out toward the weekend or sooner, depending on when the kids are there ;)
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2012  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinkid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a kid (I guess age 15 counts, right?) and a new numismatist, I must I know you guys have it under control but for smaller kids older coins, and really anything that is unfamiliar to today's circulated currency is undoubtedly very interesting. At the table you can also promote the forum and say that there maybe will be a contest on the forum for attendees of the ANA show that check in at your table or something? Like you would have to remember something crucial to the show or something, like a sign or announcement? Just throwing ideas around. Sorry I can't contribute to this wonderful drive, I'm a newcomer and barely have any coins haha.
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2012  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We'll be actively promoting the forum at the coin show, coinkid - that was the main purpose why we got on this kick originally. But, since the forum owners Bobby and Susan are a numismatic business, we chose to get space in the commercial section of the show and actually do business while we're at it. The "club-only" section of the show is kinda out of the way, and won't get the commercial customer traffic composed of people we actually want to discover and join CCF.

We also tossed around the idea of some contests. The trouble is, especially for a business that stuff is pretty heavily regulated. There's big difficulty in trying to "limit" the participation to people we want to do something later, like join the forum. Doable, maybe, if we make it easy enough, but then the overwhelming majority of the people we rope in are only in it for the prize and will never visit CCF again.

Hope to see you there, man.
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2012  12:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinkid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll definitely be there :) Can't wait to see everybody and all of the vendors. this will be my first coin show and I'm hoping to find some nice little gems for the right price at this show.
Valued Member
United States
237 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2012  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thomcollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been doing a lot of house cleaning. If I can make it to the show, we are planning a family day trip from Baltimore, I should have some stock certificates and paper money to donate. I just need to find them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1729 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2012  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received my ANA membership yesterday and have been sorting out some foreign coins from recent purchases. I may be sorting up to the day before I leave, which is why I'm bringing coins and folders with me instead of mailing them.
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2012  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinChick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Bobby!
I went to the Federal reserve building when I was in Denver for the Denver ANA. They had some great coloring books for kids as well as shredded currency that they gave away. Maybe if you called the Philadelphia branch they could give you some coloring books and/or little bags of shredded currency to give out. I'm sure they'd do it if you printed out directions to the branch from the show.

I know we were talking about coins but I'm a currency lover so I thought that might be cool too.
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2012  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinChick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to post two in a row but I just thought of something else.

Do you think that it is possible to organize a few YNs that use the forum currently to help you at the table? I think hearing first hand from a peer how fun coin collecting can be would really help spark an interest.

Also Susan, you were talking about doing a podcast for the forum. I believe I've seen Mike and Matt from The Coin Show on here. Maybe you guys could work together on something so their listeners get exposure to the forum. (Though I'm sure a lot of them like me are already on here)

I really wish I could go to Philadelphia but, I've already been to Denver and Memphis this year so it's not practical.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05