Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wanting To Buy A Henning Nickel

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
656 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2012  4:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i am wanting to purcashe a henning nickel. how much can I expect to pay for one? it does not have to be in the best shape but good enough to be able to tell it is a henning nickel. this post is in no way a buy post what I mean is am am just asking about if I was to go to a coin store and ask for one what would I expect to pay?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8372 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2012  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you find one at a coin shop, you can expect to pay maybe 50 bucks for a 1944 no mint mark in nice condition.
Give or take 10 bucks either way I suppose.
I say nice condition since these are basically not gradable except for eye appeal as one might look better than the next to you.
The other Henning dates will cost considerably more as they are much more difficult to locate.
You are probably going to have better success cherry picking one in accumulations of old nickels.
A similar topic recently came up in the past week. There have been many discussions on them here.
I have 1 and I found it roll searching in the early 1980's. Never saw another come my way. I would never let mine go.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2012  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Local coin shops are a possibility but they are hard to find. Here is what I do. I go to a coin show and go to every dealer there. I ask them if they have any Henning Nickels for sale. Most will have no idea what I am talking about so I tell them it is the 1944 no P nickel made in the 1950's. Then most will say "Oh yeah, now I know what you mean." Then they say they either don't have any or they have one and it is their own collection. Now and then you find a dealer who has one but typically they don't know exactly where they have it. I ask them if they could look for it and give them my business card and take their business card. From some of these prospects you will get your Henning. They are not easy to find and do take work.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2012  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just in case you haven't seen this site, it tells you what years he made and how to determine it is one. Just to confirm what you are buying is a real Henning nickel:
http://www.numismaticenquirer.com/T...0Nickel.html
Pillar of the Community
United States
1796 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2012  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveCaruso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hehe, a "real Henning nickel". :-)

Short slacks.
Jumbo shrimp.
Progress in Congress.

:-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2012  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, it is like calling a coin a real counterfeit.

And that's what his are. Hard to believe a nickel that sells for less than a dollar, can have a counterfeit selling for over $50.
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2012  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like to think of them as Authenic Henning Nickels.
By the way, the site listed only shows the Henning example with the hole in the R.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2012  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, for the other coins, I don't think you can tell the difference between the authenticate nickels from the US Mint and the Henning nickels. Unless the other years also have the problem with the R?
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2012  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can but it's no easy. Do a search on the forum for Henning and you should see some post where we discussed this.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2012  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add theretiredguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, I have 1 Henning 1944 No P nickel I have looked for along time for others. NO one admits to having any the last I saw one went for $150.00 they are tough to find and getting expensive. I would love to find some for under $50 tell me where LOL I could post a picture of mine some tome as it has a nice full rim and is quite nice. Best to all in there search for the elusive Henning. The Retired Guy
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2012  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are persistant and always ask you will find them. After a long drought, at our coin show yesterday I bought 2 from one dealer and paid for 7 more from another dealer who will mail them to me this week.
Rest in Peace
United States
3039 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2012  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If eBay now has a policy against selling counterfeit coins, you won't find one there either. That'll make them more expensive.
Edited by numismo
04/15/2012 10:06 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1080 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2012  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add specksynder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
purbob - nice work!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2452 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2012  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lots of counterfeits on Amazon - they don't have a policy banning their sale.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2012  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, theretiredguy!
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2012  12:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you are persistant and always ask you will find them. After a long drought, at our coin show yesterday I bought 2 from one dealer and paid for 7 more from another dealer who will mail them to me this week.

All 44, or different dates? Price range?
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05