Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hands Down, Your Favorite Coin

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
530 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2012  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Penny Guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Tough decision to pick just one. I went with this Two Cent Piece. This one took a loooong time to acquire. A lot of looking and a lot of saving but it was worth it to me.

Pillar of the Community
United States
7201 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  02:30 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pennyguy I'm drooling (can you tell)?

That is a super coin - MS64RB?

A fairly easy coin to find in proof at high grade, in a business strike - outright tough. I like the fact that it was struck using the Proof dies too. Love the doubling on the Motto. Great die cracks on the left of the shield and inside the shield also. Thanks for sharing that one.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add slowaltima to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite coin is the one that started it all, a FEC that my grandfather found when plowing the field. It is hard to tell what it is and is covered in verdigris. The date is either missing or so covered, that it is impossible to make out. When he gave me that coin, I realized that money has not always looked the way it does now. And from that realization, gave rise to me coin collecting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
614 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tzarmarko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine would have to be the 1 rupie from German East Africa that I aquired yesterday. Its just so beutiful and sleek.....

http://www.coinsweekly.com/images/1...71e9965d.jpg
Pillar of the Community
United States
8901 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Penny Guy! That 1872 2 Cent is ASTOUNDING!

I looked at this coin from the top down as it downloaded. I marveled at how nice it was, while guessing at the date as I scrolled down. I anticipated an 1864 or 65. A wonderful coin if one of those dates for sure.

And then I saw the 1872 and my jaw literally dropped!! RARE and GORGEOUS!

WOW is all I can say! Thank you VERY much for sharing that one!!

Edited by Moe145
04/13/2012 4:53 pm
Valued Member
United States
489 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rayman311 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems like my favorite changes weekly, but this is my current one. Hard to capture her color.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GOTHIC FLORIN
Pillar of the Community
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GOTHIC FLORIN
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2012  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add j-win to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love all these coins that are being posted here.

Penny Guy, I've never seen an 1872 2 cent that beautiful before. What's it graded?

Rayman311, very nice 1795 Draped Bust half dollar you have. My grandmother had one just like it but it wasn't anywhere as pretty as yours
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2012  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add j-win to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I meant your *1795 Draped bust dollar Rayman311, not a half dollar
Pillar of the Community
United States
9192 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2012  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a great bunch of coins everyone. My current favorite "favorite" coin is my avatar although mine is not as nice. Someday...
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
1110 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2012  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ghostrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are so many coins that I haven't seen, but of the coins that I have seen would have to be a clean Walking Liberty half or the Vietnam commerative coin with the freed eagle. Both coins have great symbolism for me.

I'm still looking for the commerative coin, I'll probably find it a a local coin show someday. Can't make up my mind whether I would want it graded or not. I think I'd prefer the coin to be ungraded.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
585 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2012  02:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add turtleoverhead to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favourite coin, in miserable condition similarly as I am,
PORT PHILLIP, Kangaroo Office, gold quarter ounce, 1853
Extremely rare, one of only seven known.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2012  02:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My favourite coin, in miserable condition similarly as I am,
PORT PHILLIP, Kangaroo Office, gold quarter ounce, 1853
Extremely rare, one of only seven known.

Thanks for sharing that, I had no idea that these existed,This would have to be the first roo design bullion coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
6094 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2012  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had placed my favorite earlier but this one jumped out at me and I had to admire her too!

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05