Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your most recent Canadian Coin purchases!  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 125
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1485 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And the searching begins!!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
690 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add middross to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Smallcentguy, can I come over?
Learn More...
Canada
7889 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This should make the coin roll hunters a bit jealous. This is a recent purchase, which should keep me busy next winter. There is about 65 kg (140 lbs) of Canadian 1-cent coins in this photo, and not a single one is newer than 1958. Lots of BU coins sprinkled in the mix too. I love stuff like this, as it makes perfect hunting grounds for Zoell varieties.

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Edited by SPP-Ottawa
05/16/2012 11:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1485 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2012  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks like fun! My load was about 30 kg including all the metals, so quite a bit smaller. Maybe 8kg or 10 kg of cents.

I bet the end of the cent will drive out hoards like this over the next year or two....people will fear demonitization.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
862 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2012  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverBug to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SPP-Ottawa: you must be looking for the best deal on 2X2 right now
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1554 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2012  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My latest purchase is this I.C.C.S., 1910, AU-55, Edwardian half dollar.

Glenn
Valued Member
Canada
331 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2012  08:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LaureateBust to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Smallcentguy and SPP-Ottawa: Would love to hear about (or see) your finds! I'm developing a new affinity for pottery just staring into that photo...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2312 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1485 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2012  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So far for me the best finds are the 1953 cent and the LC48-like token in the Canadian forum, plus the 1859 Indian Head in the US grading forum and the unidentified US Indian Head like thing in the US Classic forum.

In the large cents, I pretty much struck out on the commonly-sought varieties even though I had maybe 100 to work with. Not that many of the intersting Victoria dates though. I got a nice 1858 that I knew was in the lot when I bought it, plus I have an 1859 with, I think, a wierd blob on the 8. Perhaps a re-engraved eight. I will post them later today if I have time. I picked up about 40 1965 PL sets, plus about 15 other silver pliofilm sets. I got three 1962 sets that were mislabelled which I am pretty happy about as I didn't have one before. The coins in the 1962 sets are still fresh as new. I have lots and lots of dimes and quarters to look at but I think they are pretty much all for the melt bucket.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
932 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2012  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
glenzy, what do you do for a living? your collection is amazing, such nice high quality expensive coins!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1554 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2012  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Royalsilver, I'm a 28 year Veteran of the R.C.M.P. (badge # 46523) and soon to be retired! 33 weeks and counting> Jan. 23, 2013 @ 16:00 hrs. Then I'll be able to devote 100% of my time to Coin Collecting.

Glenn
Edited by glenzy1
05/17/2012 1:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1554 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2012  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a recent purchase, however, about a month ago I Purchased this piece from Lighthouse Numismatics (owner:Greg Jones) 1886, quarter 6/3 Obverse #5; Long Bough Ends, I.C.C.S., AU58. I'm considering re-submitting it to I.C.C.S., I strongly feel it's an MS-62/63.

Glenn
Edited by glenzy1
05/18/2012 10:25 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
702 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2012  10:40 am  Show Profile   Check JeyRey2000's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add JeyRey2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New purchase and one of the last for my large cent collection. paid a very fair price as these are getting hot of late.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4890 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2012  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not a recent purchase, however...

Not a problem Glenn. You can post your entire collection if you would like, I am sure nobody would mind.

Quote:
New purchase and one of the last for my large cent collection. paid a very fair price as these are getting hot of late.

I still need to buy a 1858 for my Large Cent collection.
Want to Buy: PCGS Graded 1878-S Morgan dollar (PO-01)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2312 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2012  10:30 am  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Check kuh_85's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 1906 25 cents small crown ICCS AG3.

Page: of 125 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05