Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Listing NCS Certified Coins On Ebay?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,725Next Topic  
Learn More...
United States
16394 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2012  10:17 pm Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this topic Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
ANACS,IGC,NGC, and PCGS are accepted TPG's on ebay. How bout NCS? I want to list an NCS coin on ebay. I now they are affiliated with NGC so just list under NGC? I don't want to go through the process of listing just to have it kicked off.
Thanks in advance
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2012  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dont think they count. I also dont think the ebay policy is in full affect yet is it? Plus it takes people reporting it to get it kicked off.

But either way you can still list them just cant put the grade in the title, but can still have a picture of the holder with the coin. Thats how I read the rules anyway
Learn More...
United States
16394 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2012  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is in affect to my knowledge.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2012  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could always give them a call and ask but I think as long as you dont list the grade you should be fine
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2012  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is absolutely no legitimate reason to not allow an NCS slab since it is the sister company of NGC and it is essentially the same thing as an NGC slab. I suspect that NCS was overlooked in the listing requirements since all problem coins previously slabbed by NCS are now handled by NGC. If Ebay were to yank an auction for an NCS slab, they would prove themselves to be the ham-fisted numismatic illiterates that they probably are
Learn More...
United States
16394 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2012  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bob! I'm listing it and if they yank it, they will get a nasty email from me, and NGC will get another explaining the dilemma ;)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2012  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am going through a somewhat similar situation right now with the Ebay ham fists. I listed a Peace dollar in a PCI slab and it got yanked after two days. I did not have PCI or a grade in the title and the grade was not listed in Item Specifics but I did list the slab grade in the auction description which apparently is not allowed anymore. Ok, I can see why they pulled it since it is now a legitimate policy violation.

Quote:
Raw coins can be listed on eBay as long as:

A numeric grade (such as MS-65, VF-25) isn't included in the title, description, or item specifics of the listing.

I edited my listing to remove the offending grade but I did mention that were a few scuffs and scratches on the PCI slab. In less than 24 hrs, my auction was yanked again! I got an email stating-

Quote:
Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

Referencing unapproved coin grading companies (PCI) is not permitted when selling coins that have been graded by unrecognized coin grading companies. These coins are considered to be Uncertified by eBay and listings for the coins must follow our Raw and Uncertified Coins policy.

Umm, what?!? I did not "reference" an unapproved grading company in the auction title or Item Specifics nor did I state anything about "graded" or "certified", I merely mentioned that there were some scratches on the PCI slab, information that a buyer might like to have In that same email, it outlined the Raw Coin listing policy-

Quote:
If the coin isn't graded by one of the companies listed above, it's considered raw. Raw coins can be listed as long as:

-- A numeric grade (such as MS-65 or VF-25) isn't in the title, description, or item specifics of the listing.
-- No estimate of value (even if personal opinion) or reference to a price guide is included in the title or description.
-- The listing includes a photo of the coin being sold. Images that are dark, out of focus, edited, or might be misleading aren't allowed. Also, stock photos aren't allowed.
-- The starting, reserve, or Buy It Now price for the coin is less than $2500.

and under the Graded Coins rules-

Quote:
Coins that have been graded by another company can still be listed, but the numeric grade can't be mentioned in the title, description, or item specifics. However, you can include an image of the coin in its graded holder even if that image shows a numeric grade or price on the holder.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in their stated policy that prohibits the mention of an unapproved grading company in the auction body yet that is the reason given for yanking my auction. Apparently, Ebay rules are now a fluid ever-moving target and we are just supposed to guess at these things
Edited by biokemist6
06/15/2012 12:11 am
Learn More...
United States
16394 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2012  12:16 am  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just listed a solid G4 SLQ. In the title, I put:

1927 Standing Liberty quarter - G

Nothing they can do about that...non-numeric :-)
Learn More...
United States
16394 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2012  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I found a couple NCS coins where NCS was in the title but NGC was in the Certification.
That's how I'll list it.
Learn More...
United States
16394 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2012  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, ebay yanked it....I'm pssttt!!
They will get a nice email from me as well as NGC.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,725Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05