Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

44 Days Of Loonacy!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 243 / Views: 21,041Next Topic
Page: of 17
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2012  4:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
OK THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME THREAD! As some of you may know, my favorite coin(s), (besides my avatar) are canadian silver dollars. I think all of us remember this thread http://goccf.com/t/118232&SearchTer...ilver,dollar Feel free to bask in its awesomeness!
Anywho, here are the rules:
Starting today with 1968, we add pics of the corresponding canadian silver dollars all the way until the present (2012). Nickel, silver, and loon dollars are welcome. If we ever have a year where more than one canadian dollar was minted, we show them on the same day.
Enjoy the awesomness everybody!
I think this deserves some extra
If anyone has questions please ask.
everybody!
Edited by 1967Canadapenny
08/21/2012 6:16 pm
Learn More...
Canada
10186 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2012  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
(please no nickel dollars or loonies)

You had me, hook, line and sinker... until you mentioned no nickel dollars... sad indeed...

I recommend that this thread should be moved to the NCLT section...
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Edited by SPP-Ottawa
08/21/2012 6:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2012  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, we can have nickel dollars and loonies too. I love them too, just not as much But the more coins the better! I guess I have to change the name to 44 days of Loonacy! So of those 1968 dollars everybody!
Edited by 1967Canadapenny
08/21/2012 6:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2012  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Come on everybody of those 1968 dollars
Learn More...
Canada
10186 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2012  12:19 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1968 business strike, normal island, PCGS MS-66

1968 business strike, small island, PCGS MS-65

1968 business strike, no island, PCGS MS-66

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
10186 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2012  12:21 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1968 business strike, clipped, PCGS MS-65

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
10186 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2012  12:23 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A slightly different version of the 'no island' variety... PCGS PL-67

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2012  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OOOHHH! Awesome pics & I really like that off center strike
time for the 1969's everyone
Learn More...
Canada
10186 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2012  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1969 PCGS MS-65, a year plagued with weak strikes and very tough to find in Gem mint state condition.

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
10186 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2012  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one is a bit of a head scratcher. It is a silver coin slightly smaller than a nickel dollar planchet, yet produced in a year that no silver coins (were supposed to) be made.

This actually explains what this coin is. It is still a mystery though, because there were no silver 50c coins struck in 1969.

My eBay store
Edited by SPP-Ottawa
08/22/2012 11:36 pm
Learn More...
Canada
10186 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2012  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last one for this year, I like to nibble on my nickel dollars...

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2012  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like to nibble on my nickel dollars...

Nice pics!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2012  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins SPP. It's about time you got to show off your stuff.
Not everything that glitters is silver or gold.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1581 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2012  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dialog_gvf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

This actually explains what this coin is. It is still a mystery though, because there were no silver 50c coins struck in 1969.

Wow. What is the population for that?

Since there weren't any silver 50c in 1968, this was a surprisingly old planchet to accidentally get used in the 1969 PL production (back door?)

29.72mm (silver 50c) v. 32.13mm (nickel $1), so at least is close enough to be somewhat inobvious.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
617 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2012  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EastVanRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better late to the party than never. (Scans slightly brightened or would be nearly black.)

1968 Normal Island ICCS MS-65:

1968 DHL 2 ICCS MS-65:

1969 ICCS MS-64:

Edited by EastVanRob
08/23/2012 12:35 am
Valued Member
Canada
348 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2012  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add brexzz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are some sweet coins
Page: of 17 Previous TopicReplies: 243 / Views: 21,041Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: