Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Purchase - 1814 Capped Bust Half, With A Twist - Update!

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
9189 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a really nice Bust Elmer. The motto from the reverse really pops below the bust.

Have I mentioned how much I like die clashes? Probably been a couple of days now.....
1883-O Nut
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How am I supposed to find this die clash on other specimens without the fly as a marker?

Yeah, I'm thinking we should demand that PCGS ship all new slabs with a fly included.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1374 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Drsandman2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic coin and a heck of a clash! NICE!

Cheers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1769 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the coin was just extra but wow nice fly!!

the coin is a beauty you always post amazing coins
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElmerFusterpuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A quick update, I'd like a moment of silence at this time.

The aspiring numismatist fly was swatted down by my wife this morning. Services were held quickly, and burial was done via a Kleenex coffin.

The bust half is doing fine!

Now back to your normal activities.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3252 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2012  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add philadelphian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My condolences.
Pillar of the Community
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2012  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coindog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sorry for your lose. That is an awesome die clash. I haven't seen to many that have such strong lettering from the die. Very cool
Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2012  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RIP
Beautiful bust half.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3257 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2012  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too late, SsuperDdave,
The Royal Canadian Mint has already copyrighted the
application of the common house fly to its slabs.

A wonderful example of a die clash.
Next to impossible NOT to learn something new at the CCF.

And I saw the reverse motto on the obverse before reading the complete
thread. Still learning, every day.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2012  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That Half looks even better now. That was one ugly fly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3087 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2012  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Prethen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How did you get the fly to pose for you?
Specializing in 2-3-20 cent pieces and 19th Century Proofs
Did someone mention 3CN?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4178 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2012  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsfreeworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Lord
May we remember The Fly and all he bought to our lives.
Although he was just a tiny little fella, it was his presence that bought out the best in die clash referencing.
And though somewhere in the world, Jeff Goldblum is crying , here at the CCF we're celebrating the life and times of Musca domestica, our little capped bust half helper.
We'll miss you
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2199 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2012  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin Elmer and thanks for sharing the pictures.
I have an 1813 bust half with a similar die clash and it's one of my favorite coins.
Member ANA and EAC

"You got to lose to know how to win".
Dream On by Aerosmith
Pillar of the Community
United States
9189 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2012  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Jeff Goldblum is crying

My exact first thought when I saw the fly - HELP MEEEE.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
3257 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2012  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mom and dad, and some 5,000 or so siblings,
offer their sincere thanks for all of your kind condolences.
In lieu of flowers, they ask that you donate to the CCF,
in memory of their fallen family member.

"If a poor fly cannot admire a very nice Bust Half Dollar, then
what have we all become?"

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05