Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2011 ASE OGP Set - Good Buy?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 2,019Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2012  5:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add zookr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just purchased the 2011 5 coin set in OGP from an Ebay seller @ $650 shipped and wanted others opinion as to whether or not this is a good buy?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1327 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2012  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, $750 to $800 is about normal.
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
Three from each country (up to 416!)
UK 20th and 21st century
IHC's! NGC certified MS-62 or better, Capital Plastics Fine or better, Dansco Fine or better, Dansco any x3, and Coin Board for wall display, any grade. (I may be a tad obsessed)
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2012  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anytime you can get a nice set under the going rate I would say yes, so congrats
Pillar of the Community
United States
1110 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2012  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ghostrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was that an unopened box?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4541 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2012  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didnt realize this set was still selling this high
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3621 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2012  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a good price dude!

davis, 700-800 is the value of that set. If it is graded 69 or 70, it can go a good bit higher. No reason for it to drop below that price range.
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2012  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not unopened, but COA & OGP w/box, etc. - a fellow numisicist on hard times from what I gathered from his posting. Able to happen to any of us @ any time, this day & age given the political/economic arena at hand.
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Item #: 160876351695
Edited by zookr
09/03/2012 08:35 am
Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LXShutter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you search eBay, you'll see that the recent lowest prices for this set were about $625. Meanwhile average high is about $700-$750, with an occasional flight into $800 territory. So, while you didn't get a steal, you got a very good price in the lower end of the range.

Incidentally, I am noticing that there are fewer and fewer ungraded sets for sale. And unopened boxes fewer still. Anyone else notice the same?
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Am noticing the plethora of graded proof ASE coins, what's the purpose of grading a mint proof really? Not worth the extra cost time & aggravation as I see it - maybe professionals tend to disagree.
Edited by zookr
09/03/2012 11:57 pm
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2012  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appreciate all replies, btw - thanks to all.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2012  12:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Am noticing the plethora of graded proof ASE coins, what's the purpose of grading a mint proof really

All the same reasons to have any other coin graded. Storage, protection, easier to sell ect. But its not worth sending a proof into be graded for the moderns unless you get a 70 from a financial standpoint
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2012  08:58 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

All the same reasons to have any other coin graded

Pillar of the Community
United States
1770 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2012  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
decent buy zook and yes there are fewer and fewer sealed boxes and ungraded coins for the simple reason everyone wants to try for a 70. thats fine by me I still have a few sets sealed in box
Pillar of the Community
United States
1285 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2012  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
zookr,

I purchased 2 sets from a collector in the same situation. My breakeven is a tad bit higher ....and will sell one set off later on down the road.

You are in at a good price..best wishes
Pillar of the Community
United States
2944 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2012  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love a good OGP collectors set!!!! :)
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 2,019Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05