Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finally My First Morgan! 1881 S * Pics Added*

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  4:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CGCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
While on my last 15 min break, I was just itching to spend some money at the pawn shop. Anyone who has read my Pawn Shop Merc. Dime post knows how much I'm there LoL.
I decided to take a look at some of the Morgans today, some random loose ones for 24 bucks. Then I came across one that really caught my eye.
1881 S. In MS condition. Now I know nothing about grading, doesn't look cleaned or any of that, and has mild toning on reverse. Not too many Bag marks either.
Just happy I got my first Morgan, for $26 in MS condition!

Pics Coming later tonight, Still at work

Edited by CGCoins
09/21/2012 7:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2073 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. Not a key date, but one that's a bit less common. I'd buy any Morgan for $26.
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bradsbrewer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd buy any Morgan for $26.

I completely agree! Can't go wrong for that price! Congrats!!
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jm20thengr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AWESOME!! Great Price Indeed.
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Night Hawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!

I wish I would have picked up more back when you could get BU's for under $20.
Learn More...
United States
16356 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not that I'm doubting you but even if cleaned, nice price!
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
817 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Las_Vegas_Larry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good. How about some pics?

Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CGCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Added the pics, odd that they were resized to 2 different sizes. But Whatever.
Learn More...
United States
16356 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what I can see, there is frost.
Very nice!
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
843 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaymon74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! Best I can do around here is 28-30 dollars for one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CGCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I took it to one guy in town, he was saying ms62-63 and mpl(I am cluseless on grades for Morgans), whatever the non dmpl is. I Tried a bunch of pics to get the frost, but no luck
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Young-Skyler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I buy mine for $6 above spot, I traded a small diamond earing for my last one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
620 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Captain Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice addition to your collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2073 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You did REALLY well on that one. I would have paid $10 more without hesitation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CGCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now would this be considered MSPL? There is clear frosting in hand on both obverse and reverse. I did a quick comparing to PCGS photograde, and I'd say Right around a MS63. but yet, I am an amateur
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2012  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Night Hawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that I've seen the pic's I can say

That is a very nice addition to your collection.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05