Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wow... I Think This LMC Is Real....

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2012  11:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Peaceman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here's another one I put to the side to look at later. I figured that it was a PMD but the more I look at it, the more I think it to be the real thing.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2012  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is indented and not raised which suggests to me that it is simply PMD
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2012  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Peaceman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting... The reverse letters by the rim are raised. The obv are recessed... but how in the world could you do it? Maybe but this coin inbetween two other coins on a vice? I'm interested how you can make a letter so clear so close to the number "7" on the date...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2012  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both sides display a rim groove from another coin being smashed into this one and some of the impressions are on top of the peripheral devices, conclusive evidence of PMD.
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2012  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Night Hawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The incuse letters tell you that it's been pressed against another coin.

Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2012  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add micro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I there any worth with this type of error?
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2012  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Peaceman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can see the rim indentation above AMERICA however, why would lettering be visable exactly where the rim is pressed into the coin?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1796 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2012  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveCaruso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not an error. Just a squashed coin. :-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3592 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2012  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Maineman750 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can see the rim indentation above AMERICA however, why would lettering be visable exactly where the rim is pressed into the coin?

I see what you're saying and it has me puzzled too..I agree the coin look like it was a squeeze job as far as the rest goes..but can't see how those raised remnants of letters got on the reverse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
746 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2012  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add monika to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have something like that.Not as extensive as yours.I send mine of to Mr.Neff.Hoply he can give me an idea on mine.Mine also has that indent on the reverse side.I had posted that coin a while back on here.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05