Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

7070 -- Missing Plastic

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1380 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2012  09:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I recently came from a trip to visit my dad where I showed him by growing 7070 album. When I got home, I discovered that one of the clear plastic pieces that slips in in front and behind the coins was missing! How that happened I have no idea. But now I need to replace it. Anybody have any ideas?
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2012  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add linxlvr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I've done in the past is go to a local coin shop, get a small note holder, and cut it up to fit.

I am told there is no PVC in these items.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4178 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2012  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsfreeworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
order blank album pages from Whitman and swap out the plastic slips those come with
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17831 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2012  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Get a non-PVC currency holder and cut what you need to size using the other window as a template.
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2012  11:27 am  Show Profile   Check ngs428's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ngs428 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One option is to contact Dansco directly.

Dansco Corporation
(323) 734-6373
4313 W Jefferson Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90016
http://www.danscousa.com/ (You won't get much out their official website...)
DanscoCorp@aol.com

I did this for my Eisenhower album. I purchased it and some of the slides were scratched. They sent replacements after a few months of mostly one sided communication from my part.

Other thread on this topic:
http://goccf.com/t/128816&SearchTerms=slides
Valued Member
United States
225 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2012  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tjmcman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've done guit a bit of business with the DanscoAlbumStore. As dsfreeworld above notes, order a blank sheet that has plastic that matches the slide loss or order the exact page. They are pretty inexpensive and quickly delivered.

http://www.danscoalbumstore.com/
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18542 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2012  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One option is to contact Dansco directly.

Forget that. I've heard many people have tried Dansco for those slides. I basically use Whitman and same thing. For some reason Album manufacturers don't make or carry separate slides. According to Whitman, when I called, it doesn't pay for them to carry a supply of little plastic slides for the very, very few requests. With a lot of soft soaping type sob stories to the Whitman person I was talking to, she agreed to send me some. They sent a complete assortment of them and free. I found it odd that since they do not have any for sale, they do have some for free but that's OK with me.
I too think the easiest way is to just buy a sheet of plastic at a hobby store and make your own.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2012  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Check ngs428's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ngs428 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Contacting Dansco directly is an option. Like I said, I was able to successfully do it. It may not be the best option, but the OP wanted options. This is one.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12452 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2012  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually tried contacting dansco a few months ago for slides. They wont respond fast but they will respond. For 5 dollars you can get a set of slides for any of their albums, it just wont have a fast turn around time. By the time theyd gotten back to me Id already figured out a replacement option
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2928 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2012  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paleoguy45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let me know the page and and area on the page. I have a ton of spares and will be glad to hook you up. Send me an IM.. Paleoguy
Learn More...
United States
77123 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2012  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Contacting Dansco directly is an option
As I mentioned in that other thread linked above, I successfully did this in the 1990's. A lot may have changed since then, but still, it happened.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05