Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With Eisenhower Dollar.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,735Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  12:31 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this today and I'm not exactly sure what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Murphy.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  01:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(Cute cat By the way)

"Growth" on Ike's neck is raised as much as the rest of his head is on the coin I presume...You may have something here, but I don't know what it is.
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. My cat helps me sort coins. I stack them up and he knocks them off the desk.

The raised area is about as high as Ike's neck. Not as high as his head. Is this a cud?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll let experts weigh in to confirm, but it might be something along that line.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35539 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  05:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a die chip not a cud. Cuds always include the rim.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just curious. Does anything similar line up
with it's position on the reverse ?
As in a clash. A strong one if so.
Noticed the lines etc. also just to the below
and right of the chip (if so)
Pillar of the Community
United States
4011 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with John1

It's a real nice die chip and I believe they are not that common on Ike's as they are on cents etc.

Nice find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4773 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  11:02 am  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Goiter?

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the clarification John1.

Indian1, I don't have the coin with me today. I'll check the reverse when I get off work.

Goiter?
That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw it.

Pillar of the Community
United States
7729 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reminds me of a Buddy Hackett story about skiing that I can't post here..."There's a lump in my throat..."
Pillar of the Community
United States
1302 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cc99999 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
too bad that's not an unc. I know people who'd buy it.
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just curious. Does anything similar line up
with it's position on the reverse ?

Not that I can tell.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2013  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a big chip then.

Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2013  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the photo illustration Indian1. That really helps. I guess it's just a chip after all. I'll put it in a 2x2 and tuck it away until I can figure out what to do with it.

Thanks to everyone for the help.
Murphy
Pillar of the Community
United States
7725 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2013  11:57 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
.....or slap it on eBay. You never know what someone will pay for it.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2013  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jsbruton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a die crack in the area, I think it's a chip.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,735Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 10.18 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05