Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With Eisenhower Dollar.

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  12:31 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this today and I'm not exactly sure what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Murphy.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  01:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(Cute cat By the way)

"Growth" on Ike's neck is raised as much as the rest of his head is on the coin I presume...You may have something here, but I don't know what it is.
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. My cat helps me sort coins. I stack them up and he knocks them off the desk.

The raised area is about as high as Ike's neck. Not as high as his head. Is this a cud?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll let experts weigh in to confirm, but it might be something along that line.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31931 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  05:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a die chip not a cud. Cuds always include the rim.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just curious. Does anything similar line up
with it's position on the reverse ?
As in a clash. A strong one if so.
Noticed the lines etc. also just to the below
and right of the chip (if so)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3986 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with John1

It's a real nice die chip and I believe they are not that common on Ike's as they are on cents etc.

Nice find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4743 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  11:02 am  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Goiter?

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the clarification John1.

Indian1, I don't have the coin with me today. I'll check the reverse when I get off work.

Goiter?
That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw it.

Pillar of the Community
United States
7723 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reminds me of a Buddy Hackett story about skiing that I can't post here..."There's a lump in my throat..."
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Pillar of the Community
United States
1299 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cc99999 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
too bad that's not an unc. I know people who'd buy it.
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just curious. Does anything similar line up
with it's position on the reverse ?

Not that I can tell.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2013  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a big chip then.

Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2013  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the photo illustration Indian1. That really helps. I guess it's just a chip after all. I'll put it in a 2x2 and tuck it away until I can figure out what to do with it.

Thanks to everyone for the help.
Murphy
Pillar of the Community
United States
7649 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2013  11:57 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
.....or slap it on eBay. You never know what someone will pay for it.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2013  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jsbruton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a die crack in the area, I think it's a chip.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05