Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Video of the Minting Process in 1920

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1449 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2014  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry to wake an old thread but this is too cool and should be seen by the new members here
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2014  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fjrosetti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful video, very educational. Thank you for posting! Made my day!
Valued Member
Canada
488 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2014  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great movie! Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1046 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2014  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add torgemco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

thank you
Valued Member
South Africa
453 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2014  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ASEnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice
Valued Member
Canada
154 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2014  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldCoinGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Loved the film! I have been through the restored Mint building but with this film you can travel back in time and really get a sense of minting at the start of the "Roaring Twenties".
Valued Member
Canada
75 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2014  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cspence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome video!

Thanks for the bump, I would not have seen it otherwise.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1449 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2017  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i am bumping this old topic again because its just to cool for those of you who have not yet seen this video
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2117 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2017  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, I can see why a business strike was manhandled, counted, ring tested, bagged, weighed.
Tough to get an MS-65. Love the shiny "new" quarters. Excellent video, thanks for re-sharing.
RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Pillar of the Community
Canada
757 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2017  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add punman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had not seen this before - so thanks for the link.
When I get a mint roll of current coins from the bank I use tongs and am careful not to get fingerprints on the best one I save for my collection. From this movie it looks like almost every new coin could have several sets of fingerprints already!
Canada
12 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2017  02:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stymie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That was gold!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2017  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Tough to get an MS-65. Love the shiny "new" quarters. Excellent video, thanks for re-sharing.

I agree,..but that was a very nice film..
Valued Member
Canada
198 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2017  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rockfish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really fun and interesting. Love the cheesy descriptors on the intertitles. I assume "church collection" is slang for low denomination coins?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1449 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2018  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this is not my thread but I like to bump it every once in a while for anyone new to this site who has not seen it yet as I think its really cool to see
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
284 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2018  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That was awesome!
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05