Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Watchers On Ebay

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1665 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2013  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I watch an item for many reasons.

Not enough money at the moment.
I'm curious to see what it actually sells for.
I'm not sure if I really want it.
I'm bidding on another like it, but if I don't win the first one the one on the watch list becomes my next target.

Same here Or I know if I can get the same coin of similar quality for a set price if bidding gets a bit carried away....I know I can walk and still get what I want assuming the BIN price is in the range that I was looking for to begin with.
Edited by samsnate
09/21/2013 7:23 pm
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2013  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I often "watch" an item if it has a ridiculous, way more than it is worth price on it to see if someone actually buys it.

I often look at all the things a seller has for sale. If there is something I really want but the bid is not over for a few days I will "watch" one of the sellers other items. That way when someone else clicks on the item I want they do not see the item is being watched, so they are less likely to be ready for me to bid at the final 3 second count down. By watching an item from the seller I am not interested in, I can still find seller within a second, and I can click "view sellers other items" to see the item I want and the amount of time left without clicking on it. That way the pop up does not tell anyone else who clicks on it "someone has viewed this item in the last 24 hours"
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
775 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2013  05:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tom Goodheart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Time consuming even then. Do you use any specific software?

Well, I do spend a lot of time on the internet Paisa! But then I don't find TV very interesting and daughter is now away at university, so once I've cooked dinner for Wifey and myself my 'duties' are done and I can spend the evening researching my hobby. And those 1300 records were collected over a ten year period!

No fancy software, I just save photos to a folder as jpegs on my laptop, naming them with the detail I want. The most complicated thing I do is I might edit the photos using MS Paint if I need to clarify any details. I use the file names to search for whatever type/variety, price or seller I'm interested in.

I collect within a narrow range, so coins I like don't come up for sale very often. And I don't usually bother with the lower grade examples any more, unless they are rare. So nowadays I rarely add more than 3 or 4 coins in a week and that'll only usually be when there is an auction coming up.

It keeps me off the streets and (mostly) out of trouble, I guess!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05