Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finally, A Series 2013 Note.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1507 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2013  10:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DoubleEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Got a 5 dollar bill series 2013 in change today.
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
11922 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2013  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool! What's the serial number?
Pillar of the Community
656 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2013  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
can you post a pic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2013  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2013  02:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You already notified us on another post about finding one.
But now I'm wondering if you really did find one.

I asked you this question on the other post and never received an answer, so now I'm starting to think your just posting to see your post.

I'll ask again:,
In what part of the country did you find it ?, was it a FW or a DC ? and what district bank was it from ?.

If you cant answer these simple question I think your just some little kid trying to play games with us adults.
Regards
Bill Collector
Edited by The Bill Collector
11/08/2013 02:25 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1053 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2013  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinDan98 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We need pics!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2013  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a production list for the series 2013 FIVE Dollar notes to date (none issued at Fort Worth).

http://www.uspapermoney.info/serials/f2013_q.html

I also agree with The Bill Collector that some CCF members like to post a thread of interest, without posting photos, giving doubt to their claim if what they have exists.
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2013  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A photo would have been nice but not necessary if he at least answered my questions. It seems that there are a lot of children here that are not Currency collectors, weeding them out from real collectors sometimes is a problem but this one, and a lot of others are on my list.

What I may start doing before I answer any questions or comment on stuff like this is ask three questions.

1-What type Currency do you collect.
2-How long have you been a Currency collector, then.
3-How old are you Kid.

Depending on how they get answered will depend on how or "if" I answer.
Bill Collector
Edited by The Bill Collector
11/11/2013 3:44 pm
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2013  03:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add schris252 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rats, I clicked this thread hoping to see a pic of a 2013 $5 dollar bill and instead it looks like a hoax. still waiting to find one of these in circulation.
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2013  03:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add schris252 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rats, I clicked this thread hoping to see a pic of a 2013 $5 dollar bill and instead it looks like a hoax. still waiting to find one of these in circulation.
Pillar of the Community
656 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2013  04:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
1507 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2013  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoubleEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was out of the Chicago Federal Reserve District. Not in the greatest of shape, folks. At best it was high EF. If my recollection is right the serial started off MG. Looks like it was out of the Aug 13 Fort Worth batch, from my recollection and the production chart you folks provided.
I found it in SE michigan. I spent it today on pizza. Sorry folks.
Take it for what it is, but no hoax. They are finally starting to circulate. I wanted a crisp $1 instead though, so I can send it to Jack Lew for his autograph. I have Geithner, Rios and G William Miller so far.
Wish I could find a $10 FRN Morton-Miller on Natick test paper, but that will probably never happen. It was hard enough finding a star note one.
My collection varies Bill...small size red seal twos, small size $1 silver certs, large size legal tender, two large size nationals so far. One nice EF large size $20 gold cert to go with the double eagles. Polymer notes from Australia and now Canada. Can't wait to go across the border and get their new $5 and $10.
I will watch for more new $5's in crisp unc and let you folks know if I get them ;)
Ckrakowski, the signature looks real. It's definitely Lew's penmanship like I had on the one I had. 11 bucks, though? Yikes. In 2 years they'll be common as dirt.
Edited by DoubleEagle20
11/12/2013 9:31 pm
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2013  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a share you spent it, none were supposed to have been printed at FW, maybe you were just mistaken. There are some on the bay right now from the DC print.

Sorry I was so hard on you but it seemed like you were just looking to stir things up with a BS post.
Regards
Bill Collector
Pillar of the Community
United States
1507 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2013  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoubleEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am mistaken, Bill. By the chart it is green and was a DC note. Not the condition of note that I wanted, so I didn't give it the eagle eye.

Didn't dawn on me that some people may have wanted it even in its condition. My bad :( I'll keep an eye out, see if I can get some from local banks when I harass them for $2's. We're close to the Detroit branch of the Chicago Fed. Probably why I got it quicker than most...my guess. I'll definitely keep an eye out for the FW $5. Sooner or later it will get produced.
Sorta odd that DC did this batch of $5's for Chicago. We're almost always Fort Worth notes.
Edited by DoubleEagle20
11/12/2013 9:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1507 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2013  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoubleEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Broken-coin. That chart is really nice.
Edited by DoubleEagle20
11/13/2013 01:49 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05