Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Best Place To Buy ASE.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 4,208Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
11 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2014  11:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tonyparson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Where is the best place to buy American silver Eagles. I was told eBay but they want $35 to $40 for them on there not graded. I don't mind paying more for graded coins. I'm looking to buy MS70's and MS69's and ASE that's not been graded. I want to collect Graded ASE and I want to buy non-graded ASE for my younger son. One more question I was also told to buy PCGS over NGC is this good advice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5988 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2014  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any of the mainstream bullion houses like APMEX or Silvertown should be able to help you. The internet is your friend but do your homework.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2543 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5284 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2014  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For ungraded ASE's I would recommend a coin store local to you.
Start with the idea that they are bullion coins and currently worth just over $20.
Anything above that is a combination of Mint manufacturing cost and dealer's markup.
You can't avoid those costs.
BUT by going to a store you can avoid S&H (generally NOT a trivial amount).
And the more you buy at one time the more likely you'll get a break in the price per ASE.
And if your pockets are deep enough check your state's sales tax policies.
In Maryland (my state) if a single bullion purchase is over $1000 THERE IS NO SALES TAX!
At 6% that saves $60 per $1000 purchase ($1.20 per oz).

As for graded ASE's do your research.
Look at a MS-69 and an MS-70 from the same TPG and see if you can tell the difference.
The decide whether the large price difference is worth it.
Heck, even check out MS-68 if you can find any.
And avoid the "special" ASE's such as "First Issue" and other nonsense like that.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7304 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2014  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Provident Metals sells them all day long for less than $25. You can also buy them graded. There are ways to get free shipping and they cater to the little guy. I've ordered from them 3 times and haven't been dissappointed. Ed
Pillar of the Community
United States
1903 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2014  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unholyroller to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to run a regular weekly analysis on "who is the cheapest this week" on this forum and all I can say is this....look for specials! Every week someone is running a special of some sort. Secondly and most importantly, look at the shipping charges! Some sellers have super low premiums with really high freight. There are also often break points where, for example, if you buy 10 freight would be $19.95 but if you buy 11 it jumps to $24.95. I have really done my homework in this regard and if you truly want the lowest price you will have to hunt around a bit and always look at the freight charge as part of the expense!
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2014  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Okie1987 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I'm looking to only buy a couple of none graded American Silver Eagles I prefer going to my local coin shop.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5073 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2014  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
APMEX has 10 2013 Eagles for $229.99 free shipping on eBay right now

Pillar of the Community
United States
7304 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2014  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, but I looked, and don't see the APMEX 10 2013 Eagles for $229.99. Could you please link. Thanks. Ed
Valued Member
Canada
158 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2014  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fireman638 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out SilverGoldBull.com too, I have placed orders with them. Premiums are usually the lowest around, plus quick and secure shipping with no minimum order.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9648 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2014  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
1247 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2014  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
kanga... what city you in?
I'm in Annap.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5073 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2014  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Could you please link. Thanks. Ed

What BH1964 said
Pillar of the Community
United States
7304 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2014  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only one for sale that expired. Sorry I misunderstood, thought it was an ongoing sale. My error. That 'was' a good price.
Edited by edweather
01/17/2014 8:36 pm
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2014  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tonyparson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
10 2013 Eagles for $229.99 free shipping on eBay, I was a happy camper until I saw it was sold.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5073 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2014  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sale was running all day.

For those not familiar with eBayS "markdown manager" sellers can create a discount or sale on items they have for sale ranging form a 1 minute period to a 45 day period.

If you run a 5 day or 10 day or even 45 day period buyers will see a message that says sale ends in 1 hour or 2 days even if it is a 45 day sale to create the false sense of urgency to encourage buying.

This sale was a banner ad on eBayS front page when you went to eBay.com

This sale was up at 9 am and then midday said 21 minutes left then at 4 pm when I posted it was still running.

I guess they had a limit to the number sold rather than a duration.

3500 sold x lot of 10 = 35,000 eagles.

I thought about buying in on the deal but it is tax time and a dealer at the local club meetings sells eagles for $4 over spot so I decided to support local business.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 4,208Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05