Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is There An Updated Listing Of Numismatic Reference Books?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
7204 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe we could use the latest Adobe Reader or Evernote? I think Evernote allows for multiple users to make changes on the same document, I will look into that. By utilizing the cloud that would allowed persons to collaborate on a single document. anyone can PM for my e-mail to proceed. I work afternoons and into early evenings, but am up late every night. I'm on CDT right now in Dallas area. Expect a quick reply as long as it's not while I'm at work or on Saturday (also working).

After we are done we could then easily transfer the text to an adobe document in PDF for easy downloading.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
04/10/2014 4:03 pm
Learn More...
United States
84230 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2014  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Great idea.
I think Bobby will have to do it.
Not those Mod guys. They just sit around reading and passing notes.
Wait! I forgot Rui, he will also play a big role.
Correct. Bobby, Rui, and Admin are the only ones with direct access to non-forum content.

And watch who you accuse of passing notes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2014  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The list is coming along though I have paused for a while.

I'd like for others to be able to assist with this especially in areas where I have little to no knowledge of the reference books/materials for those areas.

-MV
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2014  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An update:

Currently the list has over 600 titles. So far, we have approximately 25 periodicals/newsletters listed as well.

There are a few authors and publishers going the digital route (CDs, DVDs, etc.) we are going to try and list these as well.

Email me if you'd like a copy of the listing. If you know of a title that isn't listed, let me know.

I'd like to say thank you to westcoin and anyone else helping with this.

-MV

Pillar of the Community
United States
7204 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2014  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd like to say thank you to westcoin and anyone else helping with this.

A labor of love!
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

United States
26 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2014  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westgawolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just tried to send an email to get a copy of the list, but the system wouldn't let me. Any other way to get one?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2014  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Westgawolf let me see if I can get a mod to assist us. Sorry I didn't see this yesterday when I was on here.

-MV
Pillar of the Community
United States
3270 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2014  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Message sent to you MV.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2014  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't received it yet matthew, strange usually I get them quickly.

I sent myself an email via the forum 30 mins ago and it showed up within a minute or two. I tested it to make sure any messages sent were going to my inbox and not the spam folder.

I'll keep my eye out for an email from you.

-MV
Pillar of the Community
United States
7204 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2014  02:00 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got some more additions - I will try and send them on this weekend, after the TNA show of course, biggest show in Texas!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2014  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xshift to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm working on a similar list, and am using a Google Docs spreadsheet to make sorting easier later. That might be a good way to go. Sharing and giving editor rights is relatively easy. Or I have Evernote.. I could create a notebook and give anyone here access to it and you can work on it there.

Google Docs might be better, though - it also tracks revisions and you can revert if needed, and with the spreadsheet you can just have people add to the end and you can work the titles into the appropriate areas later. Let me know if you'd like to go this route and would like help massaging the data into better spreadsheet form (different columns for title, author, etc), or just need help getting started.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2014  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm open to using Google docs as I don't have Evernote.

Westcoin and I have been emailing a list back and forth making changes and updating the version number to make it easier to manage.

It is in a Microsoft Word document. I don't know how easy it will be to convert it to a Google doc.

-MV
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2014  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is in a Microsoft Word document. I don't know how easy it will be to convert it to a Google doc.

Couldn't be easier. Just upload it, right-click it in your Google Drive and "Open with..." Conversion is automatic, and then you save it as a Google Doc.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2014  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks SsuperDave I didn't have Google docs on my computer, I've got it installed and am playing around with it to get a better understanding of how it all works.

-MV
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2014  01:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CBJesse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still too new to send emails to members, but if someone could send the list to me, I'd really appreciate it. Not sure how I can get you my email though, I'm sure the mods know. I may be able to add some books to the early American category, and I'm sure there's plenty I still need.

Thanks,
Jesse
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05