Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lincoln Wheat Backs Feed Back please. Get Graded?..

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2014  11:54 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add makescents9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have bought these perfect pennys and see them selling for big money. do these look to be in that class. Wondering if I should get graded. Any info would be great

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
589 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2014  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverTracker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no pics posted
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2014  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshHellcat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics would be helpful.
Pillar of the Community
Korea, Republic Of
1877 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2014  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matteproof to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, pics would definitely help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4241 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2014  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. Get a Red Book.
2. Then learn how to grade.

At that point any coin you think would be worth at least $200 would then be worth getting graded.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Learn More...
United States
14160 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2014  02:54 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FYI - your pictures can't have the same name
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2014  03:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add makescents9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by makescents9
07/02/2014 05:07 am
Learn More...
United States
14160 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2014  04:37 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am moving this to the US Modern Coin Grading section. Also, for grading coins a picture of the reverse of each coin would be needed.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2014  05:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add makescents9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i am new to this and I am loving this. This is by far a complete anything you need type of site. Not to mention the members are very helpful
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29560 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2014  05:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coins makescents9. I don't see any that would be worth a TPG but I am no pro. I would get a Dansco album and put them in there.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
7807 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2014  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Wheats that go for big money are the earlier dates form about 1909 to 1925. Yours are in pretty good shape but I do not think that they are worth grading.
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/328488
ANA: 3183215
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16013 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2014  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CC!

Looks like you have some nice Lincolns. If you want grades, it's best to post one coin at a time (obverse and reverse pics). They generally look to be MS63-65 or so.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2014  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add makescents9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://coins.ha.com/itm/lincoln-cen.../1202-5023.s

Those sell for good cash and look to be in same or better condition
Pillar of the Community
United States
1511 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2014  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The one you posted a link to is a top pop coin.... I believe if I read it right that it's tied for the finest known example of that year/mint making it a "conditional rarity"... in lesser grades, even one or two less the values go way down. Your coins are nice, definitely worth an album but not a TPG IMHO.... They're not MS-67's... More like 63's- 65's which are fairly common in these grades. They only get pricy in the very high grades. But hey... Ya never know... Post pics of each individually of the obverse and reverse (front and back) and we can help with grading.

And the 1936 you linked is a 36s while the 36 you posted is a "P" (no mint mark).... Big difference, lol. But still a very nice wheatie!
Edited by NathanASE
07/02/2014 5:30 pm
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2014  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add makescents9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a 36s

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05