Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Numismatic Dreams...zzz...

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 65 / Views: 9,950Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
2368 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2014  2:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add wheatchaser140 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I get these sometimes: dreams about coins. Here are two that I can remember:

1. I'm all alone in a waiting room that looks right out of the 1970s. Tired of waiting for my appointment, I'm just looking around the room. I decide to open a drawer and there's a circulated 1859 Indian Head cent inside! And then I wake up.

2. I'm in a crowded bar in the middle of the day and as I'm walking around, I notice there is an enormous pile of wheat cents on top of a piano! Jackpot! Again, I wake up dismayed.

Anyone else dream about coins sometimes? I can't be the only one...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4227 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2014  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have dreamed about coins and, decades ago when I was more active in the hobby, hockey cards. It was always disappointing to wake up because it seemed the material was always awesome!
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10372 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2014  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had several numismatic dreams!

In one I got a copper George III cartwheel twopence dated 1798 and was very disappointed when I woke up (the coin was only issued in 1797!)

Quite recently I dreamed that I was travelling in a backward Middle Eastern country where all the money was in the form of large hammered silver and gold coins with vaguely Arabic style writing on them, and I was trying to collect as many different ones as possible.

In one dream I'd gone back in time and was at my college canteen in the late 1970s, but I had contemporary modern coinage in my pocket. I sorted out enough 1p and 2p coins to pay for my meal, and the cashier accepted them, but I then began worrying what would happen if a collector later found a Maklouf or Rank-Broadley portrait coin in change many years before they were issued!
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2014  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Danhelmick98 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought I was the only who had dreams about coins. I have dreamed about coin roll hunting and finding a bunch of rare coins... then I wake up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2528 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2014  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a dream I found numerous U.S. Large Cents including a chain cent. It was awesome!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6370 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2014  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. Just last night I had a numismatic dream. Someone in my family had gone back in time and picked up about $500-$1000 in early US draped bust coinage, mostly gold. All were UNC and beautiful. Then my friends from school and I went to a lake in the middle of a forest.

I've had many others, mostly opening a drawer and finding a pile of high-grade early US coins. Oh, well...........
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20684 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2014  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For some reason I've never in my life been able to remember a dream.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
2368 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2014  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wheatchaser140 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Goodnight CCF, I will share any numismatic dreams I have in the morning.
Pillar of the Community
Korea, Republic Of
1881 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2014  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matteproof to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I once had a dream where I picked up a cent from the sidewalk and flipped it over to find out that it was a 09-s vdb. Then I woke up. Bummer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2368 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2014  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wheatchaser140 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(Yawn) Good morning CCF! Not even a single wheatback last night!

Quote:
For some reason I've never in my life been able to remember a dream.

I've heard some people are like this, sorry to get off topic, but here's an article about that: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...3755543.html
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4227 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2014  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, clearly this set something off in me. Last night I had a dream that I was working in a very large (think Macy's) ultra high-end coin store with a lot of celebrated, well-known numismatists as customers and consultants. It was great seeing all sorts of rare material (don't recall details of the coins though). Then, we got robbed and the owner turned into my cat and tripped the alarm and tried to blame it on me to get me killed by the robber. Then I woke up. I swear to the Heavens this was my dream last night, so thanks a lot!
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2014  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kellikae to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have dreams of metal detecting near the St. Marys, St. Joseph or Wabash rivers here in the Fort or near my friend's 1900 farm house and finding LOADS and LOADS of silver and artifacts!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4273 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2014  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A friend showed me some coins he set aside. One was a 1963-D Lincoln with a wheat reverse. You know you're a coin geek when you have dreams like this!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2014  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had lots of numismatic themed dreams.

One I was a banker in the 1920s with a desk piled full of gold coins looking for better dates and mint marks. I was sitting there counting when all of a sudden the door burst open. I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep to find out how it concluded.

Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10372 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2014  08:41 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've remembered a numismatic dream I had over 30 years ago! We had a little magazine/newsletter at my college, which cost 5p. I really fancied one of the girls who used to sell the magazine! In my dream, I bought a magazine from her, giving her a 10p coin, and she gave me a really nice early George V sterling silver shilling in change!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5417 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2014  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zxcccxz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually dream that I found a hoard of gold/silver while going hiking or something.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 65 / Views: 9,950Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: