Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Win Lose Or Draw? 2012 ASE Set

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1132 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2014  4:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CopperCastle to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I visited a local shop earlier to pick up some generic rounds while the prices are favorable. I planned on spending about $50-$60. They have these 2 trays in the silver case, one with Generic rounds & one with ASE's. In between the 2 trays was a 2012 Reverse proof ASE in a capsule. I asked how much it was & the guy pulls 2 capsules out, one from under the other. He had the anniversary set!...no box. He said $75 each & he would sell them separately if I wanted. I had no intention of walking in there & spending $150. I also had no intention of breaking up that beautiful set. I pretended to look through some other stuff for a bit like I wasn't interested... but in all honesty my heart was fluttering over that reverse! I've always wanted one. I offered to take them both for $140, he reluctantly agreed. I thanked my lucky stars the wife decided to stay in the car as I reached for my wallet.

So here they are. I (personally) could care less about the box, but it could hurt me if I ever need to re-sell. I could always send them in for TPG so I wouldn't need the box, but idk if it would be worth the PCGS premium if they don't make the grade. I believe they would, but ya never know. What do you guys think? Did I make pay to much for an ungraded/unboxed set?
Win, Lose or Draw?

Edited by CopperCastle
08/29/2014 4:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7705 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2014  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set. I am considering a RP for my 7070 ASE...the regular proof looks mighty nice too!
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Pillar of the Community
United States
1158 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2014  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tkbslc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As is, I think you paid about what you'd get on eBay.

If you could get the reverse graded 69 it would be worth $115+ alone but if it grades 68 it may be worth less than it is now in the capsule.

The regular proof is not worth getting grade, IMO.
Edited by tkbslc
08/29/2014 5:33 pm
Valued Member
United States
403 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2014  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cjspearsdog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you where concerned about reselling............ here is your solution http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-S-Proo...em3cce44a979
Pillar of the Community
United States
1903 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2014  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unholyroller to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Putting the coins back in an eBay sourced box brings the group right at issue price ( including the $5 freight from the mint)..seems like a break even deal, although at the time of issue silver was higher ($28.00+ an ounce troy) than it is now. Looking at historical eBay selling prices over the last 30 days prices range for complete sets raw (with box and papers) from $130-$160 with a few going higher and a few selling in the $120s. Those are just the facts....as long as you are happy though that is all that matters.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1132 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2014  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CopperCastle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you where concerned about reselling............ here is your solution

Shipping from Indianapolis! I bet that #$%@#$ is selling my box!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05