Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finds From The Till (Non-Us Edition)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,051Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2014  8:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add srcliff to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Most of these are Canadian but some other countries in the mix that I've fished out of my register at the store lately.

Couldn't tell what this one was any ideas?

The side with the shield design is pretty beat up. Sorry about the pics I'm still working on my skills!
Pillar of the Community
Puerto Rico
778 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2014  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add junjun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dominican Republic 1 Centavo.
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2014  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice bunch of coins.

I think finding foreign coins in your change is great fun.

I think a see a Canadian cent with a Rock Dove on the reverse. That's one of my favorites.

Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2014  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srcliff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Junjun. I'm surprised I haven't seen one before, I know a lot of people visit there on vacation and that's how a lot of coins end up in my register. Being from 1959 would make it one of the older "Island" coins I have found too bad its in such crumby shape.
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2014  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srcliff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, Buddy, 1867-1967. There us also a 1944 Canadian penny. I have noticed some of the Canadian pennies I've found from the first half of the 20th century have very strong details on the reverse, I found one a while back that I think you could cut yourself on the maple leaf!
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2014  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't help but think that those older coins came from somebody's jewelry box or something. I used to keep any old or foreign coin that I CAM across when I was a kid, but I wasn't a Real Collector. So the coins just get stored away in little jewelry boxes and such.

I guess a lot of people do that and then one day someone else has to go through their stuff.....and the coins are back in circulation.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,051Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05