Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Clipped Canadian Coins Here! Clipped Planchettes

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16
Forum Kid
Canada
1074 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2014  10:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Vancouver IslandCoinKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey there everyone, post your clipped coins here! or even just say some of them that you have! thanks!

Have a great day!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2395 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altaira to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first clipped planchet from my first penny box ever. I was pretty surprised since it looks to be heavily circulated. Nobody noticed their coin was not the proper shape? It's pointy!
We need this smiley>

Toronto Coin Club www.torontocoinclub.ca
Office of the Secretary
Meetings 3rd Mondays at 7 PM
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1296 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2187 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paulsz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zonad, I'm not too familiar with distinguishing clipped planchets vs PMDs, but if yours is legit, that's a pretty sweet find!
If you have any of the following Canadian coins for sale, message me:
1. 1937 Mirror specimen coins.
2. 1908 or 1911 specimen coins, in any specimen grade.
3. Any George VI specimen coins
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2632 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alexer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a clip I no longer have but traded it to a forum member who cannot post pics at this time...dosn't look so good beside Zonads though lol.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
658 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scissel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7404 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a great one Scissel, thanks for sharing.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tfred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Here are four pennies that fit together nicely. I have a dime that is clipped on the right and also on the left

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1705 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ace_ftw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will have to post some of mine, however its interesting, there must be some reason why the 80/81 pennies seem to have clips? I have found 3 or 4 over the past year or so.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
658 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scissel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DBM - I have some regrets for having sold that clipped core toonie. It did go to a good collection though. Here's a couple clips I'm keeping:

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2632 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alexer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1296 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1296 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
690 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add middross to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Scissel, those are some awesome blank clips you have. I especially like the straight clip. Thanks for sharing.

Zonad,love the 1964 straight clip.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2632 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alexer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have another good clip somewhere around here..till I find it check out this fake clip.

Learn More...
Canada
8342 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2014  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of course... leave it to Randy to tease me with a nickel dollar clip... from a year that I do not have....
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05