Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Silver Chinese Coins: Hk Returns to China 1997-2007

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
506 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2015  01:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add marbury518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Any info on these please....value? Arrived as part of a group. They are pretty small.

Pillar of the Community
Hong Kong
1204 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2015  03:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wonghinghi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Chinese characters on the coins are all in Simplified type (Hong Kong and Taiwan use Traditional type), which are the common scripts used in mainland China. To me and most of the general Hongkongers, we do not like such coins.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
506 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2015  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add marbury518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I lived in HK I wouldn't be much of a fan either. They came with some silver Pandas, 2002, 2008 times 2 and a 2005. Some of the colourised 2008 Olympics proof silver 10 yuan's which I think have a fair bit of value (5 of those) and some odd coins that are .999 silver and gold layed. 9 are animals and 3 are constellation themed. Also some brass 1 yuan coins with certs...again all from the 2008 Olympics.
Valued Member
United States
347 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2015  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add manymore to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are medals (not coins) commemorating the "Cradle of Chinese Civilization" and "Ten Years of Reunification" of Hong Kong returning to the motherland.

As to their "value", this Chinese website is selling the Tiananmen Altar "silver" medal for $12.80 (RMB 80).

This Chinese website is selling the Terracotta Warriors "silver" medal also for $12.80 (RMB 80).

Gary
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05