Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

If You Think I Repeat Things So Badly, Check Out DCa Website

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

708 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  04:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Fox to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey,

I know you guys, (especially FoxwoodsMan) says I repeat my rant about getting halves and $2 bills circulating so much, and yet, I never thought to mention how much the Dollar Coin Alliance's Twitter section on the bottom right of their website they repeat things they have already posted a million times, like "Did you know that $1 coins have a life expectancy of 30 years or more, while $1 notes only last 2-4 years?" or "Dollar coins are 100% recyclable. $1 notes are shredded and dumped in landfills" Or "Where did you use your dollar coin today?" and the list goes on. I have probably seen these three subjects and more, at least ten times or more over the years. Same words, same sentences. So at least I'm not alone, in trying to get the point of circulating odd money around the U.S.

Staff edit - removed your not so nice comment
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  07:58 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't get your point...but that's neither here nor there...are you justifying your same topic repeated posts by quoting another group that also repeats itself?

At least THEY have a vested interest in their agenda..

Here's an excerpt from a Forbes article regarding the above mentioned Dollar Coin Alliance:

Quote:
I occasionally get press releases from the Dollar Coin Alliance, a group devoted to, as you might suspect from its name, having a coin replace the bill as the $1 currency in the U.S.

Also as you might suspect, DCA members include companies that stand to significantly benefit financially if this change occurs because they will be the ones who will sell the raw materials to the government that will be needed to mint the millions of additional coins that will go into circulation.

The DCA doesn't say anything about making more money, of course. Rather than talk about what they will make from the additional sales to the government, it focuses instead on what supposedly will be substantial - as in billions of dollars - of savings for taxpayers.

Here's the problem: The dollar coin supporters are wrong. All things considered, a dollar coin is far more likely to increase rather than decrease the federal budget deficit and cost rather than save taxpayer dollars.

No different than the paper manufacturer's lobby pushing the dollar bill over the coin.

Full article here:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stancol...gged-nickel/

Note: I am FOR the replacement of the bill with a coin but I would question a group that has profit as a main objective.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5827 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't care if you share the same rant, Fox
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bud250r to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems like Foxwoods Man is always picking on Fox.
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Note: I am FOR the replacement of the bill with a coin but I would question a group that has profit as a main objective.
Unfortunately, that is how it works. Only a group with a lot to gain and a lot to give (by way of contributions and other nefarious gifts) will be able to get this done. Doing it for the right reasons is far from consideration.

With that being said, we need to keep this on topic. However, I have no problem moving this to General Discussion for a political free-for-all (keeping it nice, of course).
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It seems like Foxwoods Man is always picking on Fox.
Sibling rivalry?

Remember, we are all friends here.
Pillar of the Community
708 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why did the staff remove the "Put that in your pipe and smoke it" comment from my original post as a "Not so nice comment"? That was not meant to be a "mean" comment. Couldn't you tell from the clown face that I was only joking? I just was hoping to get a few laughs out of that comment. If it was mistaken, my apologies.
Edited by Fox
02/13/2015 6:17 pm
Learn More...
United States
14134 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2015  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I removed your comment Fox. I took it as a mean/bad comment. I don't think putting a clown face at the end didn't make it okay
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05