Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Poll: $4.00 Silver Quarters Question

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1536 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2015  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add buddy16cat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can find these coins at this price at today's silver prices and get to see what you get. The only time I have bought coins and not seen them all, is when there are anywhere to 50-200 coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1192 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2015  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bertensgrad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can get silver quarters at 14x face at my stores,
Pillar of the Community
United States
602 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2015  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YoshiRules to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@both above (14x FV * .25 = $3.5) Yes yes yes, I realize coin shops have them for prices like these, BUT the coin shop I can go to in my area 1) is temporarily closed (to my knowledge) and 2) I can't really chose.
He, to my knowledge, just has them in "buckets" and pulls randomly, so I get a random type, date, mint, and grade.

I do like his markup though. When silver was higher and silver dimes were $1.75 per, he charged me $1.95, so that isn't too shabby.

CONCLUSION of the matter:
I guess I could just wait a bit and see where the spot prices go. I was just curious about shopping by coin order form in the back for a magazine.

I will leave the poll and thread open in case there is something someone wants to say/vote on, but it was nice to hear everyone's feedback. I am still open to any last words anyone might have to say.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1536 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2015  05:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add buddy16cat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I was looking at an old lot I bought 5 Barber quarters including good 1906-D. Also 1908-D G, 1909-D G and 1 VG $20 with shipping. This was a decent deal at melt: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wild-Wild-W...noYksMk%253D
Edited by buddy16cat
02/16/2015 11:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5851 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2015  12:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I responded to an ad similar to this one back in my early days of collecting. The Barber quarter that I received was as described, a typical no problem G. I can't remember if I received any other coins on approval. $4 is not that bad of a price for convenience and if access to shops and shows is limited in your area.
Pillar of the Community
United States
602 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2015  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YoshiRules to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed. HOWEVER, the price for silver this morning is now $16.77, which means silver quarters are $3.03. I am not ordering any $4 quarter anytime soon with prices like that (unless it is a key date ).
Valued Member
United States
324 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2015  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BluegrassRiver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yoshi, I think the quote you give is for bulk George Washington quarters. This small ad in the magazine is for an older type-Standing Liberty or Barber which are better types. I suggest you buy them both if the postage is reasonable. All the coin shop is trying to do is sell a bit low and have your name and address so they can mail you a list of fixed prices in the future. They are building their customer database. That's fine. Ebay sellers do it too. In marketing it is called a "loss leader". My Mom asked me once what I wanted for my birthday. I cut out the ad from Mt. Vernon Coin advertising one Peace and One Morgan dollar. What I got was fine for the money. I know it was all common. She was so happy to buy me something I loved instead of socks. She gloated over that purchase for years! So those two coins now have sentimental value since she passed. I get a smile when I bring them out.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05