Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

64 Buffalo Nickels For 64 Dollars

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Valued Member
United States
415 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2015  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carnold744 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And now for the last picture update! The 1937 coin I actually found in circulation at the bank I work for! So obviously, that one was 5 cents. 37-D and 37-S were 62 and 57 cents from my flea market. 38-D was 62 cents from the flea market.

Total of 1937-1938 coins: $1.86
Final total for set: $63.31

Valued Member
United States
415 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2015  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carnold744 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So there you have it! I finished the set with 69 cents to spare! I started it on March 1 so it took 53 days to complete. Definitely faster than I was expecting. This set was a blast to assemble and certainly tought me MUCH about the Buffalo nickel series. I now look forward to upgrading the set which will definitely be a much slower process. If anyone has any questions about this project or any other comments I will be happy to answer! Thanks for everyone who helped and supported me along the way!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4809 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2015  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rackster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bravo!! I hope you have as much fun with the next project!! This was a fun thread to follow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
898 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2015  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add duncanbishop24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just found this post today. Incredible set for the price and you did a great job. It was fun to read through and I'm glad you met your goal carnold.

Buffalo nickels are a set I would like to start at some point. This is great inspiration.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4871 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2015  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't consider almost 3 months "necro bumping" but I feel the need to keep this thread alive as to provide motivation for other members to do something like this. I think a $200 1909-1958 LWC would be incredible. The 14D and SVDB are probably impossible to get for the set, but maybe like $400 for a 1909-1958 set? You'd have to look hard, but it's definitely possible.
Valued Member
United States
415 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2015  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carnold744 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm actually working on that set right now. I haven't been tracking prices but I am down to my final 19 coins and don't think I've spent more than a buck or two on any one coin. Pretty much all the later ones I've gotten for face through circulation. Going to be a long-ass time before the 09-s vdb ever enters my collection though.

As for the nickels, I am slowly upgrading this $64 set I put together. I am weeding out the acid dates and replacing them with nicer examples one by one.
Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2015  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tomtom777 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a great thread I just saw. What a great idea.
Pillar of the Community
United States
757 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2016  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add davec13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been a few months since this thread has seen the light of day. Last night I was at a local coin club and the auction they held had a Buffalo nickel dansco with a lot of the holes already filled with dated nickels. I immediately thought of this thread. I won the album for $27.50 that will leave me $36.50 to see if I can complete it under the $64 mark with a dansco to hold them all. It will be a good distraction from the search for the higher grade coins all the time.

Would you consider it cheating if I used coins won in a raffle for trade fodder? I spent $5 on tickets and won a morgan. If I traded that morgan for some nicer buffalos could I consider it a $5 purchase?
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05