Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Metal Detect Anymore

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 3,765  
Valued Member

United States
146 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2005  02:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add robocp to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I know life is very busy, But there is so much to be found.
I usually life to hit old cival war town's. There seem's to be layer's and layer's of history. And lot's of coin's to
Valued Member
Canada
170 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2005  07:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ojo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ya I metal detect but I'm just starting so I havnt really foung anything.
Valued Member
Netherlands
309 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2005  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CarlTromp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by robocp

I know life is very busy, But there is so much to be found.
I usually life to hit old cival war town's. There seem's to be layer's and layer's of history. And lot's of coin's to

Yes use a detector, but not only for coins, also for other artifacts, and there is enough to find, during the years I have found enough to fill a few vitrines

Becouse I live here right next to the river Waal, stuff from up-stream, as far as from Germany can be found here at the riverside, already made some "interresting" findings, roman coins, and medival stuff, it's only a pitty that it's not allowed to search at fields annymore, a nice hobby was scr... up by guys who diddn't follow the rules.

Greetings, Carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
7123 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2005  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Metalman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have metal detected for more than 20 years, as much as I enjoy finding items from the past, the research is a blast, the things that a person can turn up for any area, are amazing !!!

HH

Rick
Valued Member
Netherlands
309 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2005  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CarlTromp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
O, just for the info, I don't know if you guys know those, but I use a Garret Freedom Ace, and a Tesoro Bandido for ruff terrain.
What cind of detectors do you use there?

Greetings, Carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
7123 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2005  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Metalman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi carl

I use a whites,eagle spectrum , and a whites Di-pro 5900 for relics. they are both older machines,but I wont change until they have toned their last tone !!!

Rick

Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2005  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robocp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been to 3 different civil war site's this week. I have found 15 better coin's and lot's of relic's. I even found a few arrowhead's, while digging up my find. I guess it pay's to have layer's of history all in the same area
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2005  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Twentycent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Susan and Bobby. Any chance of a seperate spot for metal detecting? I know of only one other numismatic msg board forum that has one. Also, I haven't metal detected yet but I'm getting ready to. I've been checking out https://www.goldsheetlinks.com it is a sister site to https://www.coinsheetlinks.com

Jerry
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2005  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robocp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Susan a seperate spot for metal detecting would be very nice. Please consider.
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2005  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Take a look on the Forum home page after Auction Discussions.
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2005  01:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robocp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank's Susan, You made my day.
Valued Member
United States
363 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2005  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add adobero1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wondered if anyone could recommend a good detector to buy. Is the technology good enough now that a single detector is equally good for artifacts, silver and gold, or are separate detectors for each a good idea. Besides coins, here in the Southwest I might like to look for some gold nuggets. Thanks in advance for any replies; gone for a couple of days.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7123 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2005  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Metalman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Adobero

There are a lot of good detectors on the market these days, For me Its always been whites !!

and yes one detector can be used for both coin shooting and relics, Gold ,, take a look at the white MXT or XLT, with target ID , and changable coils .

Where abouts in the southwest are you ?

There is gold in them Hills !!!

Rick

Image: DSCF1131~1.jpg
33.86 KB
Valued Member
Netherlands
309 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2005  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CarlTromp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Adobero, next to a White, you also might have a look at Tesoro, or Garret, both well known detector marks, with a lot of possibillity's!!

Greetings, Carl
Valued Member
United States
363 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2005  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add adobero1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Metalman, I'm in north-central Arizona, but after looking at your scan, I may be forced to consider relocation to NM! Thanks for the info.

Carl, thanks for the recommendations. I might do a little shopping. (after gas prices drop)(wishful thinking)
Valued Member
Netherlands
309 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2005  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CarlTromp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adobero1

Carl, thanks for the recommendations. I might do a little shopping. (after gas prices drop)(wishful thinking)

adobero, don't talk abouth the gas prices, here in the netherlands we pay 1,49 euro for a liter of unledded, when it rises more, we have to go back to horse and wagon again!!

Greetings, Carl
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 3,765  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: