Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1885-O VAM-8?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
6427 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2015  6:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looks like it to me. Any ideas?

Edited by SilverStackerKid
03/29/2015 8:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2015  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like your mm is shifted further right than VAM 8?... but I'm a new vammer so I could be wrong
Edited by Cascade
03/29/2015 7:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6427 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2015  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, that is what I thought too, it looks a bit close to the O to me. That is why I am confused.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2015  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post full pics of both sides and one of the Daves should nail it down for ya
Pillar of the Community
United States
6427 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2015  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Done.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9084 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2015  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking possibly VAM-9 but now I think maybe 23.
Member SSDC, TNA
Edited by dave700x
03/29/2015 8:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6427 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2015  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not 9 because it does not have markers on the date. And VAM 23 has the doubling. I don't see the doubling on the devices. Hmmm.
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2015  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man, that mint mark took a hard right turn. I gotta think V23. There aren't many Morgans with a mint mark that far to the side.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2015  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa the full pic puts that suckered into perspective... Looks like pac-man in a morgan maze
Pillar of the Community
United States
6427 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2015  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol!!

And is the 23 a little more expensive or is this a melt value coin in this condition?
Rest in Peace
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2017  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twodsonegf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Melt value. VAM-23 has a fairly strong polish line in the upper-left portion of the R in LIBERTY that should be visible even in lower grades. MM position does show that VAM-23 is the likely candidate. VAM-8's MM is a little different than VAM-23.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2017  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awe. Look at my first post in this thread. Makes me a little nostalgic lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
9084 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2017  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And I thought that green behind the ear of your avatar was PVC goo.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05