Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Intercept Shield / Dansco

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2015  1:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Afab67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone.

I'm new to the forum and fairly new to coin collecting. I have been doing a good deal of reading these past few months in order to get a better grip on what I want to collect.

I was interested in picking up a Dansco 7070 album for a U.S. Type coin set, but I've learned Dansco stopped making that album about three years ago with no solid guarantee when, if ever, it is coming back. I called the company directly last week. They said "sometime this year," but I saw another post from early 2014 where they said the same thing.

If anyone else is in the same boat, I just ordered a U.S. Type Set album made by Intercept Shield from Wizard Coin Supply. It looks like an updated version of the Dansco 7070 with additional slots for modern coins. Examples of all the pages are available on the website, with an additional page for gold coins if you want one, just like the Dansco.

One note, Wizard advises that the hole for the Braided Hair Large Cent is too small, so you'll have the Dremel or sandpaper the hole larger to make it fit when the time comes.

I know not everyone is a fan of coin albums, but if you and you're looking for a U.S. type set album, it is worth a look.

I'm looking forward to working with and learning from all of you also. I'm excited about this hobby and its challenges.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2015  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
! I love Type Set Collecting!
Learn More...
United States
16356 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2015  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've always been a huge fan of Dansco but as of late, I'm liking the Intercept Shield albums.
Just transferred my IHC's into one.
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10246 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2015  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and good luck with your collection! Please post pictures when you get a chance.

I'm primarily a Dansco and Whitman Classic guy, but that awesome green of the Intercept Shields is really hard to argue with.
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2015  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Afab67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't aware of Intercept Shield at first. The only company I was familiar with was Dansco.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19070 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2015  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not have any type sets except an old Whitman one from way, way back. If you look into it, there are numerous Albums out there today besides the ones you mentioned.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2015  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CLS12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought a used dansco 7070 for around $25 with free shipping. It is an older version and has a little writing. I like it, but the more I start adding coins to it I think about selling it and buying an intercept. The coins do look very nice in it, but I think being a newer collector that updated vs classic wins out for me. I guess I assumed with my luck that the day I bought an old dansco that the new one would be released to spite me
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05