Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canon Announces Eos C300 Mark II - 4k Cinema Camera

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,709Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
921 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2015  2:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add aardspeed to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
After I stopped drooling, I wanted to share this great camera canon just released.

This should change the quality of some coin pics in the future...if you want to spend the money that is!!

JUST AMAZING!

http://www.cinema5d.com/canon-annou...i-4k-camera/

Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2015  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
his should change the quality of some coin pics in the future...

I don't get it. How will a 4K VIDEO camera be useful for coin PHOTOGRAPHY?

Nice video camera for filmmakers, though. Thanks for sharing.
Learn More...
United States
23521 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2015  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a glorious video rig, but my cellphone shoots larger stills and any of the cheap $400 rigs we promote here will blow that thing out of the water with coins.

Doesn't mean I don't want one.
Pillar of the Community
921 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2015  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aardspeed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With 4K, you can get 38402160 image, which is four times the resolution of Full-HD.

Close-up's will be amazing!

https://vimeo.com/91509354

Learn More...
United States
23521 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2015  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
With 4K, you can get 38402160 image, which is four times the resolution of Full-HD.

Meaning no disrespect, I believe you're missing some things about photography. My G3 takes 4160x2340 images, and at 13MP that's 2/3 the size of a standard dSLR image. Canon's current Rebel dSLR shoots 6000x4000 images.

Then we get to talk about optics. Would you rather a $15k video camera with no macro capability, or a $25 lens that will shoot images equal to any you see here? Heck, many of our members are using those $25 lenses. I do.

4k is amazing for video, but it lags still photography by a decade.

And that detail crop above is of terribly insufficient quality for coins.
Pillar of the Community
921 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2015  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aardspeed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No disrespect taken....Just saying that the macro aspect will be better as some of the 4k cameras can take photos, not just video...

http://www.digitaltrends.com/photog...ping-4k-now/

What are the benefits of 4K?

"4K gives us much more control in post-production over our images. Resizing, cropping, stabilization, and smaller grain (less noise) all benefit from increased resolution. Personally, I'm from an intensive visual-effects background and 4K gives me many more options to manipulate each picture frame. I feel 4K is essential for heavy post-manipulation of your images.

The most obvious benefit of 4K is the resolution. With an HD frame being around 2 megapixels and a [4K UHD] frame being 8 megapixels. The detail is staggering. While there is currently limited ability to output 4K due to the price and availability of 4K televisions, being able to shoot in 4K helps differentiate yourself from others. Additionally, shooting in 4K is a method of future proofing. Since 4K will become ever more mainstream over the next 12-24 months, having 4K footage now helps keep me at the front of the curve"
Learn More...
United States
23521 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2015  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's bleeding edge for video, and one-half the resolution of a typical dSLR.

Chances are, it will be as good a still camera as any average person could ever desire. And I freely admit I'm being entirely picky and narrowminded, relating it only to coin macro photography. It deserves better than me.

The press for the camera is boasting of something we leverage on a daily basis in coin imaging, as a matter of course - taking images far too large for the final use, and allowing the downsizing process to increase apparent sharpness yet more. 4k video isn't only going to be the best video you've ever seen, it'd also be the best normal HD video you've ever seen.

This is one letter from a Morgan dollar:

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2015  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hello aardspeed I went and watched a 4k demo this evening. they had a 4k monitor setup as well. you are not kidding about resolution. its crazy to see images of that type of quality. its so easy to do you run the video of what ever you want to image. you see what you like for resolution and magnification is crazy. you hit pause button. click another button and there's your image. Move on to the next thing. its so easy. plus you can magnify pieces of the image its self. mind blowing. But the cost oh boy well. if you get a chance to see one of these demos you want to go and watch unbelievable. Coin photos are so easy with this type of setup.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,709Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05