Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Numisrob's Mad Midsummer Giveaway!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 63 / Views: 6,774Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7044 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2015  2:25 pm Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody!

Some of you will know that I had a major operation at the end of last year, followed by a long hospital stay. I am still not fully back to normal, but am now back to working part-time and am looking forward to the future with more optimism!

Over the last 6 months the CCF has been a wonderful friend to turn to. I have done some amazing trades and really expanded my US, Australian, Canadian and Turkish collections!

I'd like to say thanks to everyone on the Forum by doing a little giveaway. Rules are as follows:

1. The first 40 members to send me a PM with their name and address will be eligible for a giveaway.

2. Each successful 'applicant' will receive two coins.

3. You will be able to choose from three coin 'options'.

4. Coins will be packaged in paper and card and sent by inland first class postage within the UK, or the cheapest airmail option to addresses outside the UK.

5. Please give first and second choices - if I run out of the first choice, I may be able to send your second choice.

COIN CHOICES

OPTION 1 - A brilliant Uncirculated British 1971-dated bronze decimal halfpenny and penny (the first year of issue). These coins come from a batch I purchased at face value from a British coin dealer about 30 years ago!

OPTION 2 - A brilliant Uncirculated 1988 Paraguay 1-guarani (from a bag I got from the Banco Nacional de Paraguay in Asuncion back in 1990) PLUS a brilliant Uncirculated 2014 bronze-coated steel British decimal penny.

OPTION 3 - A brilliant Uncirculated 1988 Paraguay 1-guarani (as above) PLUS a random 'lucky dip' non-British coin from my duplicates bin. Could be a Singapore 10-cents, Spanish peseta, French 10-centimes or similar! (Anyone can choose Option 3, but I've included it mainly for UK members who probably won't want a British penny!)

I am describing the coins as 'brilliant Uncirculated' as they are uncirculated with full lustre, but they are not specimen coins taken from sets. I don't know what MS grade they would receive from a TPG. For those choosing Option 3, the lucky dip non-British coin may be in a lower grade.

Have fun!

Edited by NumisRob
06/20/2015 2:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5828 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2015  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much for the giveaway- And I'm glad you are recovering well!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5338 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2015  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank for the give away, PM sent
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4206 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2015  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty awesome, especially since, for some reason, I don't have a Paraguay in my OFEC collection yet! PM sent
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2015  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice to see you back and here's to your continuing of being on the mend.

Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2015  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to learn that you're recovering.

Thanks for the give-away.

PM sent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1895 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2015  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a ton! Glad to also be a part of the ccf family! Hope I am still in the 40 :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3497 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2015  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in. PM sent!

Glad to hear about the good news on the health front and thanks for the giveaway. I love getting coins in the mail!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4044 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2015  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to know you are doing better.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2015  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tweak800 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sent PM hopefully in time. Congrats on the progress. Stay positive
Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2015  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't want in on the give away, I just wanted to say it's great that you are getting better and I hope you're back to full speed soon!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6428 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2015  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am very glad you are better! I hope I sent the OM in time!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
532 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2015  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add timnic44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been through a major illness and know full well what you are experiencing. Recovery is a long slow process and glad to hear that all is going well for you. So kind of you to do this giveaway.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7044 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2015  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just to let you know that as of today I have received requests from the following CCF members and your coins will be in the post tomorrow.

SilverStackerKid
tweak800
Nickels_rule
bpoc1
KenKat
Mister Kairu
Buddy
Chequer
T1Steel
Mraderm946
mcshilling
ChildOfTheWheat
timnic44
kakaratt77

I still have plenty of coins left to send, so it's not too late to apply!
Edited by NumisRob
06/21/2015 1:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2015  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rob, how did I miss this until now! Count me in, you've got my address! You can wait to ship them until you send out the next batch for me. I'm still gathering coins to send your way.

Matt
Pillar of the Community
Canada
613 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2015  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T1Steel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks NumisRob , appreciate the giveaway and all the best on the health!
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 63 / Views: 6,774Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05