Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

8176 Ike Dansco Complete!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 4,212Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10621 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  12:50 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Tonight I officially completed my 8176 Eisenhower Dansco! This is my 2nd complete album to date (the first was Franklin halves, in case you're wondering). I actually acquired the last coin on Thursday, a 1973S Silver Proof, but didn't get around to assembling the album until tonight. When I picked up the coin, I also bought a very gently used 8176 to replace the beat-up one I was using. So I transferred all the coins to the newer one and will probably start a 2nd collection in the beat-up one!

I want to thank GR58, Mister Kairu, and SA4H for helping me complete this album over the past couple of years. CCF is such a great resource for this!

There are still a few in there that need upgrading, but I'm happy for now.

On with the pics... sorry about the quality... and the odd sizes. It's so hard to get good pics, especially with all the mirror finishes on the proofs and silver proofs. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow when I have some daylight to work with.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  01:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Congratulations!
Pillar of the Community
1153 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  02:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CSOTUS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks good! Congrats!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4914 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  03:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're missing one.

Pillar of the Community
United States
631 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlbumAccumulator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking set!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6365 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now where's jbuck when you need him...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5828 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know, right!

Nice set
I especially enjoy the silver proofs
Pillar of the Community
United States
6428 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

He is allways here when we don't, that is for sure.

Really amazing set. Where is the 1970 though?
CoinHuntingDrew
Those ikes are really beautiful. I bet the book is pretty heavy!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1895 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice job congrats on the completed set! :D Glad to have helped a little bit! On to the next set!
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CLS12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set! Congrats! What's next?
Learn More...
United States
90112 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Tonight I officially completed my 8176 Eisenhower Dansco!
Congratulations!

Quote:
This is my 2nd complete album to date (the first was Franklin halves, in case you're wondering).
Funny! The Eisenhower dollar was my first and the Franklin my second.

Quote:
...will probably start a 2nd collection in the beat-up one!
Nice!

Quote:
Pillar of the Community
United States
9352 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking set!

I like CHD's idea of a fantasy piece. Pick any four from the Moonlight mint to fill those empty holes.
1883-O Nut
Learn More...
United States
90112 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2802 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yay!

You can't go wrong doing another set.
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof ( PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Pillar of the Community
United States
1475 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!

Mine is Almost complete too. Will post pictures when it is!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10621 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2015  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the cheers! Much appreciated.

What a great set to complete and very accessible (i.e., "affordable") to the average or new collector. I highly encourage anyone even remotely considering this set to give it a whirl.

Quote:
You're missing one.

Gah! Dansco, you've failed me!!

Quote:
I bet the book is pretty heavy!

It definitely has some heft to it, SSK.

Quote:
What's next?

Good question, CLS12. I'm working on my 2015 numismatic goals list and the first on the list was completing my Ikes. 2nd on that list is Kennedy halves (though clearly until the series ends it can not be truly completed), so I'll probably work towards that one next.

Quote:
The Eisenhower dollar was my first and the Franklin my second.

I would be very surprised if it were the other way around, jbuck.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 4,212Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 6.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05