Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Sunday Market Finds

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 58
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1027 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2015  6:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
(Almost) Every Sunday for about a year now I've attended an Old junk-type market at Hötorget, Stockholm. (Feel free to use Google Streetview to see how it looks!)

Ever since I started going I've done some amazing deals, mostly though buying silver for less than melt. The best find is a Danzig 2 Gulden coin bought for 5 SEK and later sold for 1000 SEK.

So I figured I'd start a thread where I share some of my finds! Usually only world coins, since that's what I'm interested in!

Today's batch went for 35 SEK.
Here's the breakdown:

20 SEK for:
UK 6 Pence 1944, Silver
Sweden 50 Öre 1953, Silver
Switzerland 2 Rappen 1941
USSR 2 Kopeyki 1935

5 SEK for:
Hungary 5 forint 2014
Cape Verde 20 Escudos 1996
India 2 Paise 1972

10 SEK for the rest.
"Always assume the lowest in value for best possibilities"
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2015  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are great. You got some nice older coins which I really like.

Enjoy!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4205 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2015  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds! Congrats on this weekend and we look forward to future updates
Pillar of the Community
United States
843 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2015  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ksammut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds! That is a great selection!
Young Numismatist - You are welcome to visit and subscribe to my vlog/blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
4851 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2015  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice price - have fun with them.
My book on Counterfeit Portrait 8Rs is available from Amazon http://ccfgo.com/TheUnrealReales or from me directly if you want it signed.
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1027 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2015  06:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those wondering about currency conversion: 1 SEK = 0.12 USD

Today was rubbish. The sun is still shining, it's still warm and the square was filled with sellers. There were some with coins, but nothing of value IMHO (mostly swedish non-silver old stuff). I did however find myself a banknote for 20 SEK.
Germany (West) 5 Mark Series 1948. I'm pretty sure Germany's central bank redeems these for about €0.50/Mark
Sooo... profit?

Regardless it's a nice note and it's not going anywhere soon.
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1027 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2015  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another Sunday done, today brought considerably more than last week. Here's the breakdown

20 SEK for:
1390 HUF (worth about 42 SEK)
1,5 TRY (worth about 4,5 SEK)
and a mystery arabic coin I'll have to do some research on.

30 SEK for 3 notes:
1000 Rubles series 1995, Russia
5 Reichsmark series 1942, Nazi Germany
50 Kwacha series 1982, Zambia

and lastly 120 SEK for my very first US silver commemorative half dollar, Booker T Washington, encapsuled.

Pictures!

Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1027 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2015  06:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One thing is for certain about outdoor markets - it's very dependent on good weather, which was NOT the case today. I didn't even bother leaving my house, it's been raining all day (so far). Hopefully next week I'll be able to find something nice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1924 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2015  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pastime. I remember going to one of these markets in Helsinki years ago and finding a silver 1865 2 Markka. A better souvenir than most trips produce.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1027 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2015  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today done and dusted, only got two coins for this week. Not many were selling coins today, and even less at good prices. What I did get was an incredibly damaged (and PMD'd) Swedish 1/4 Skilling for 1 SEK and a 1949 Canadian Silver quarter for 20.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
513 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2015  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Garoyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ouch, that is one hurtin' coin!
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1027 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2015  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today was a nice day, the Square was unusually filled with both vendors and people. And I went out Tresure Hunting(~ish).

For 40 SEK this was mine:

An old savings bank! And it wasn't empty
Outsmarting the smart mechanism for emptying it without a key I got these:

Got silver coins worth about 55 SEK today + some overly common bronze coins. That's why I love taking risks!
The seller who sold me this one had some other banks what weren't empty, might consider picking them up too

The second batch today was some European + Singapore coins for a total of 15 SEK (worth it!):

From Top left and down:

50 Yen, Japan
10 Korun, Czech Republic
2 Drachmai, Greece (nice uncirculated and lustrous!)
1 Krone, Norway
20 Cents, Singapore
50 Crabs/Krónur, Iceland
50 Halierov, Slovakia
5 Krónur, Iceland (another nice uncirculated piece!)
1 Drachmai, Greece
˝ Franc, Switzerland
10 Cents, Singapore
100 Lire, Italy
50 Lire, Italy (tiny in comparison to their older counterparts!)
20 Korun, Czech Republic
10 Lepta, Greece

That's all for this week folks
Love sharing these!
Pillar of the Community
United States
928 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2015  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OspreyCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds! The BTW half is really nice
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1027 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2015  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today was considerably colder than previous weeks, sadly winters setting in.

Anyway, today cost me 33 SEK, a good price for a nice batch. All coins cost 2 kr each, but I got all for 33 instead of 34.
Here's today's breakdown (from top left)

2 Kronor 1968(x3), 1969 (bought for face, never seen in circulation!)
50 Francs, French Polynesia 1985
50 Cents, New Zealand 1973
2 Bolivianos, Bolivia 197
5 Dinars, Tunisia 2002
100 Yen, Japan Showa 43
1 Zloty, Poland 2009
1/4 Dollar, USA (New Mexico) 2008-P
1 Piso, Philippines 2010
200 Shillings, Uganda 1998
Lucky charm pocket piece? It's definitely silver (Lycka = Luck)
50 Aurar, Iceland 1970
1 Dinar, Serbia 2005
10 Kronor, Norway (didn't bother to keep, later sold to an exchange office for 8 SEK, and thus is not pictured)

Valued Member
Belgium
464 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2015  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dohcollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
awsome finds
Page: of 58 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05