Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Discouraged Sellers

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 288 / Views: 86,061Next Topic
Page: of 20
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2005  08:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Please post to this thread very responsibly. It is best to use only factual information with "In my opinion" and "In my experience" and words to that effect when stating your feelings on why this seller should be avoided. We want to avoid any legal problems but we feel this section could be invaluable in protecting our members.

Learn More...
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2005  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the exceptions of such notorious eBay sellers as pjd 1966 (aka pamiam003, Pamela ***, etc.) and her apparent alter-ego estatedoctor, there are only a couple I would want to list here as deliberately fraudulent or dishonest sellers based on my personal experiences. I've had less than desirable experiences with some of whom I suspect of, or know of peddling coins which were not as described or, more commonly, were not described (as in errors of omission such as cleaned or damaged). I would be hard pressed to state this is the way they routinely do business since if I'm stung once, I don't go back for seconds. I know that some dealers will just try to dump a bad coin with an intentionally vague listing, hoping to lure some unsuspecting buyer; while this is a common and borderline practice, it doesn't necessarily mean that s/he is generally a bad seller.

Also, the burden of proof would be upon us to demonstrate a seller is attempting to sell coins which are not as advertised and if this is a routine occurrence with a seller or only a one-time bad auction. Each seller listed here, in my opinion should have a fairly complete and documented list of reasons for being listed, e.g., many negative feedbacks, outrageous shipping rates, no return policy, deliberately misleading or fuzzy images, etc. We need to be careful.

Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2006  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RealtorInWi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about if the item's never received? Or, by trying to contact seller & receiving auto-responder emails claiming the seller is "out of town". Meanwhile, others have received their items from auctions around the same time period? Check this one: Ebay Item #8389445389
It's now the 25th, and no coin--I sent this seller four messages via Ebay, received three auto-responses. Finally, the fourth one (after I've filed via PayPal on the 18th) says this:
"Please give me your name & address, to see if this has shipped."... Huh? Is this guy serious? I felt like asking him if he was having a perpetual brainfart...

Sorry, had to vent--can't stand laziness/ignorance. In my eyes, when someone purchases something via auction: the second that auction ends, the item is no longer theirs. Due diligence is necessary to complete the transaction. Non-shipment is basically theft, in my eyes.
Learn More...
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2006  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Realtor, with this guy's terrible feedback, I'm surprised you bought anything from him. However, it does say he's on the road a lot, but almost three weeks without hearing anything except automated replies is far too long and several of his negative/neutral feedbacks state that the seller has a communication problem.

Document everything in the instance you need to file a complaint about him to PayPal.

Good luck! And please keep us posted on what happens; he also tends to overgrade coins.

Fred
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2006  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you look at vinrare's negative and neutral feedback received, you will see quite a few, especially considering this seller only has 188 unique feedback and a total of 255 feedback received.

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/neg...ived+by

His feedback left is no better:

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/neg...Left+by

Couple this with the sprinkling of negative/neutral comments left under positive feedback and I wouldn't buy from them. From the comments received, it looks like credit for returns is for "store credit" instead of money back.

Did you pay for your item by Paypal? If so, I would file a complaint with them. Unless the seller has proof that the item was delivered to you, you can get your money back. The seller is obligated to ship within 7 days of a received Paypal payment.
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2006  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's some additional information:

This seller no longer accepts Paypal. Could this be due to the fact that buyers have recourse through Paypal and that Paypal has already refunded money out of his account? I think this is very possible.
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2006  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RealtorInWi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More than likely, that's exactly why he won't accept PayPal--who knows. I did pay through PayPal, and have already filed with them. The status is currently 'Waiting for Seller Response'. I did notice that they have received an email from him, probably one of his automated responses..lol. Anyways, I filed that complaint on the 18th, he has three days left in which to reply. I'd already figured he overgraded it by a couple points, but figured it would be worth the $20 to find out.

In essence, the whole thing is my fault for not reviewing feedback before bidding--gave him the benefit of the doubt. I'll let you know what happens, and thanks for the input!

- Ben
Forum Uncle
United States
2884 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2006  02:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi RealtorInWi, do not be two hard on yourself. I recently got burned by a seller for the first time after over 300 successful Ebay transactions. My sellers feedback was 100%.

I blew it by buying 4 coins( that tuned out to be overgraded) with the knowledge that his return policies were very strict and so costly that returning the items would create a worse loss than just keeping them. On top of that,the time allowed for returning an item was only three days. To quote and old saying "Let the buyer beware" I hope your outcome is better than mine was. Mike
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2006  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ben, unless he can prove that he shipped your item within 7 days of payment AND used delivery confirmation on the package, you will win this dispute. Sellers who accept Paypal should read the fine print. While I don't agree with all of them (or the way they're presented) Paypal has its rules for a reason.
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2006  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RealtorInWi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This may be a jumble--apologies in advance--I'm simply laughing too hard to write right now. I got the refund today via PayPal, with this message:

"Message From Seller:
maybe you should have an ACCURATE address, thats how you receive items"

Hmm--that's why I've purchased between 70-90 items on Ebay and never had a problem, until HIM. Along with my confirmed address on PayPal.

I do need some advice, however. Would you recommend leaving negative feedback for this joker? I fear retaliation, but believe it's almost a necessary evil for this guy... Let me know what you think.
Edited by RealtorInWi
03/27/2006 8:42 pm
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2006  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
negative feedback is a double edged sword, they most certainley will retaliate and leave negative feedback for you even though you did your part. Then you have the part that you want others to be informed about this sellers practices so the same thing wont happen to them. So its a hard decision and you just got to weigh on which one is more important for you, keeping 100% positives or helping out the next person that is thinking about buying from him. But if you do leave negative feedback and he does the same for you atleast you can explain that it was retaliation for your negative to him but its still a mark against you
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2006  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RealtorInWi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong--but when a seller prints out a shipping label via PayPal, doesn't the following occur:

the View Payment Details link/page on Ebay is automatically updated, and now includes a Shipment Status link under Shipping on that page...? I've got four (semi-)recent purchases, all of which had PayPal labels printed--all of which have this link on it.

Now this vinrare1 guy is telling me he printed the label straight from PayPal and it was returned to him.. The Details page never had one of those links, nor the usual 'Shipping label printed on ...' update on it.
Learn More...
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2006  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RealtorInWi

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong--but when a seller prints out a shipping label via PayPal, doesn't the following occur:

the View Payment Details link/page on Ebay is automatically updated, and now includes a Shipment Status link under Shipping on that page...? I've got four (semi-)recent purchases, all of which had PayPal labels printed--all of which have this link on it.

Now this vinrare1 guy is telling me he printed the label straight from PayPal and it was returned to him.. The Details page never had one of those links, nor the usual shipping label printed on ...' update on it.

Yes, you are correct. I both print shipping labels via PayPal and pay via PayPal, receiving packages via PayPal-printed labels. This information appears on both the sellers and buyers pages on the auctions and My eBay summary (at least for selling).

Further, you should have received an automated email notice by eBay/PayPal that the seller has purchased and printed the label. Delivery Confirmation (DC) is included with PayPal's label-printing procedure along with a DC online tracking number; for 14 cents, it's a small expense for resolution of disputes such as this. If you didn't receive this email, the seller didn't buy a label from PayPal.

Unless there was a glitch at PayPal and eBay, the seller is not being truthful. Is there any possibility you have more than one mailing address AND email address listed with PayPal such that the seller sent the package AND the email to the wrong addresses? If you communicate with him again, ask for the Delivery Confirmation tracking number.

Fred
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2006  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RealtorInWi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, thanks Fred--that's what I thought. Anyways, this guy claims to have printed out the label via PayPal yet that never happened. I've only had one email address & one snail-mail address associated with my Ebay/PayPal accounts. So a glitch is out of the question. This guy's just a liar. He claims it was returned to him, yet I've purchased over 60 (probably around 80) items from Ebay in the last 6 months & have never NOT received one. Thanks for clarifying that for me I'll know to stay away from this yokel from now on.

- Ben
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2006  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fortunately, Paypal doesn't care what he says; they are only interested in what he can prove. He could not prove that he shipped it, so you won the dispute. I am sure that it is because of situations like yours that he doesn't take Paypal any longer. How many other transactions do you think Paypal's refunded? Quite a few would be my guess.
Pillar of the Community
Belgium
2078 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2006  06:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ageka to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First the coins are not coins but medals
Second they mostly are sold as smallest coins of the world
I allways thought they were 1 / 100 th of an ounce
This ebay auction shouts they have been tested by ogussa
a gold refinery and there is no gold

http://cgi.ebay.de/BETRUGER-MOECHUS...cmdZViewItem
Page: of 20 Previous TopicReplies: 288 / Views: 86,061Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05