Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Numerous Uncirc. State Quarters Advice Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2015  12:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add piercethegrimes to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey all,

The collection I've been sorting through has MANY extra uncirculated State Quarters. The quarters' dates range from 1999-2004 with most being 1999-2003. For example there is close to $50 of Connecticut quarters. I was wondering what YOU personally would do? ( I already checked the few WI quarters)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15985 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2015  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd roll them up and take them to the bank.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
464 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2015  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crazyglue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd put them in my vacation coin jug. For some reason the State Quarters don't appeal to me much and I already have the series set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7884 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2015  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check the WI quarters and spend/deposit the rest.
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/328488
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5737 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2015  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ebay lets you list for free. Put them up for 5-10% over face with a few bucks for shipping. See what happens.
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Pillar of the Community
United States
5039 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2015  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ebay lets you list for free.

Ebay charges you 90 to list coins. You get the money back if it sells.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2015  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tweak800 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that depends on your status with them. I list for free and only get charged the selling fee if it sells. I would check them for double dies and thingslike that or varieties that could bring you $5 a quarter like the spitting horse for the deleware coin, its just a die crack coming from the horses mouth. if you google State Quarter errors you can find that there are a few and wexlers website has a good listing of all double dies for them and if you google you can find some neat examples of other errors and things on them. Also if you have any 1999 that might get the highest grade I would keep those also
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2015  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add One50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Put together P&D sets for the whole series and sell them with a little premium to cover your time.

What is that? 50 coins in the series would be $12.50 in face, sell them for $25.00 and throw in free shipping.

Sets is where it's at, singles take to long to sell.
Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2015  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add piercethegrimes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ah thats some good thinking there One. Yeah I was thinking about putting some extra sets together and/or talk to my lcs (only open on weekends.) probably put anything gained from the quarters toward finishing a franklin set a family member was working on. need four more('50,'51',52', and 53' proofs). they are expensive but want I feel like its an obligation.
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2015  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TallTitan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started my collection by buying P & D sets of uncirculated 50 State Quarters off eBay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4205 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2015  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am working on the same Franklin set.
I was at a coin show last weekend and a dealer quoted me:
50 - $400 51 - $300 52 - $200 and 53 - $150.
I bought the 53 but paid in cash so he only charged me $140. Those first few proofs are pricey compared to all the other Franklin halves in the set. So now I'm down to three. Good luck with your State Quarters
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05