Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Why Did I Buy This?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2632 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2015  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alexer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good eye Colhand1..nice catch.

Valued Member
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2015  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dan-in-crystal-lake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had the pleasure of an in-person explanation and show and tell on this note at the Elgin Coin Show last weekend. It was very cool!
Valued Member
Canada
435 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2015  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed the fourth from the bottom had a differnt signature on the left;

I then noticed that the scond from the top appeared to have the signature in different spots (see where the signature overlaps printing on the bill face);

I then spied the gap pointed out two above.

That's neat!
Valued Member
Canada
484 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2015  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob Levi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So was there 9 notes or 10? I agree the 5th from the bottom looks to have a note behind it. I wondered if the seller did that to make people think they were snaging an xtra bill but then not shipping it as it is titled 9 bills. A selling tactic?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
819 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2015  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great post! You learn something new every day :)
Edited by johnnysprawl
10/30/2015 12:36 am
Valued Member
United States
480 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2015  07:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Colhand1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There were only 9 notes but honestly, they were all bad news except for this one. Was it an accident of intentional of the seller to lay them out the way they did? Who knows.

I was hoping that the note was free of any problems and I was rewarded with that once I received it. It is actually the best condition note of the bunch. I would give it a grade of VF20 and plan to have it graded by PMG in the spring.

In that condition, it retails for approx. $550

Thanks for participating!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4475 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2015  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rewards for sharp eyes.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05