Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Doubled Die Or Machine Damaged? (Doubled)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43328 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2015  10:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The forum is a great place to educate us on coins. We see various coins posted and we often learn something new from them. Even me. The best way to train you brain is the read the threads first post. Give the coin some thought and see what you feel the answer is. After you make your decision, then read the thread to see if you are correct or not. This way you can get the most out of the forum.

I often not just saw yes or no to a question. Why? Because I want the poster and others to see what I see on the coin and why I made my comment. Often I use other images and they help others to learn faster.

So to the thread. Many new ones are still having problems with machine damage (doubling) so I thought I would make it a tough question. There are 12 images in this thread. So you might want to number you answers and see what you think they are. (best not to comment too much as it gives the answers way. But if you don't know. maybe use that as your answer. Take you time and enjoy this. So here we go:
#1 Doubled die

#2 Machine Damaged (doubled)

#3 Machine Damaged (doubled)

#4 Doubled die

#5 Doubled die

#6 Machine Damaged (doubled)

#7 Machine Damaged (doubled)

#8 Doubled die

#9 Doubled die

#10 Machine Damaged (doubled)

#11 Machine Damaged (doubled)

#12 Doubled die

Enjoy this and I'll post the answers on another post.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/30/2015 11:01 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43328 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2015  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for checking this out. The answers for each image is to the right of each number. Just scroll over that area to highlight it and there it is. Post your results if you like. I wanted as many to consider this information as possible.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2015  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great learning tool here Coop.
Thank you for putting it together.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6427 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2015  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's SO cool! What an amazing post. Very educational. I got one wrong.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43328 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2015  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to get the hardest ones to see if they throw a curve ball or not.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2015  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Stormy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to take a gander at this, just to see if I've made any progress on this topic!

1. DD
2. MD
3. MD
4. MD
5. DD
6. MD
7. DD
8. MD
9. DD
10. MD

Coop, you don't have to give me the answers yet, but what did I score?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43328 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2015  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only 2 wrong. Missed two more (11 & 12).
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2015  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Stormy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I guess I am getting a little bit better!

11 and 12 - MD?

Thanks so much for this. I'd like to do more of this on this topic, as well as others. It really helps!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43328 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2015  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Then you missed three. Try highlighting to the right of the (#7) (#8) (#12) for the correct answers. When highlighted, the colors will change to show the correct answer.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2015  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Stormy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4041 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2015  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop,
Pillar of the Community
United States
5964 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2015  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice post Coop. I've been trying to familiarize myself with class 2 doubling. I thought no. 7 might be one, they have similar lines in them. I did pretty good with the other ones.
Edited by CoinMasters
11/01/2015 8:05 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43328 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2015  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The #7 was one I found. The marks on the top looks like it is ejection doubling. But that is also covered by the term machine damaged, as it happened on the way out of the machine.
Richard S. Cooper

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43328 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2016  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop thread

Added this to make searching easier.
Richard S. Cooper

Edited by coop
07/23/2016 2:16 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43328 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2017  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CS-L#1-IA search
Richard S. Cooper

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05