Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

144 (Gross) Set Update

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 6,373Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

United States
459 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  10:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Not Mint to Be to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just added the following:

36-S Arkansas AU53
37 Texas XF45
37-D Texas AU55
38 Texas XF40
47-D BTW VF30
47-S BTW XF45 Downgrade from AU58
48 BTW AU53
49 BTW AU53
53 GWC AU53

This leaves 43 to go. Pictures will be in the set in several days.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Huge giant congratulations. Beautiful coins one and all. Yes we want pictures.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10656 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh man, can't wait to see photos. Congrats!

Auction? LCS? Coin show? eBay?
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not Mint to Be to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most were from eBay. One from a local show and one from a CCF member that found it at a show. It's always good to have several sets of eyes out there. Several members pointed some of the ones on eBay to me. All of these were purchased raw. Great Fun in the hunt.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10656 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2016  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right - best way to get the best deals (and best selection) is to shop as many venues as possible.

Quote:
Great Fun in the hunt.

That's the Gospel truth, at least for me. While I do love the collections I have, I think my favorite part of this hobby is the hunt. Recently I've been making a concerted effort to do a better job of balancing the hunt with care and feeding of the collections once attained.
Edited by CelticKnot
02/02/2016 12:49 am
Learn More...
United States
90906 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6862 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2016  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tremendous additions indeed ... congratulations offered on your collecting success so far

I know from personal experience how difficult it is to complete a 50-coin type set of these valued coins ...

Your journey into attempting the 144-coin classic silver commemorative set in circulated state will never likely be repeated by anyone ...

Best of wishes indeed on that collecting journey.

Concur that all of us would enjoy some photos.

David

Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4693 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2016  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the continued progress! It's always nice to see such dedication in a fellow collector.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
United States
311 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2016  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Justinwd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats can't wait for pics
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2016  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not Mint to Be to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The pictures of the new entries into my 144 set have now been added.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11935 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2016  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sure we are all waiting to see pictures.

I imagine the set is starting to look better
and better as more holes get filled.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6862 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2016  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos of all the coins can be viewed on the OP Registry site ... go here:

http://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/pub...s=31697&ac=1
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2016  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not Mint to Be to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
David Thanks for posting a link. Some day I'll figure this part out.
Learn More...
United States
90906 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2016  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Photos of all the coins can be viewed on the OP Registry site ... go here:
Thank you for the link.
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2016  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good for you, one and all. I have assembled in this lifetime (7) 144 pc sets and need (3) more to finish #8.
Generally speaking, each set exceeds the previous although I've sold a dozen or so coins that I've found to be more or less irreplaceable - a bitter pill to swallow as your knowledge base expands through experience.
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2016  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not Mint to Be to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will be adding an XF45 1935-S Boone to this set shortly and then I will be down to 42 to go :)
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 6,373Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05