Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Harriet Tubman Will Replace Andrew Jackson From The Face Of The $20

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Valued Member
Canada
215 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2016  8:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add the_sifu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Fyi, to all who did not receive the news yet.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/20/new...n/index.html

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
1576 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2016  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just have to stir the pot of political correctness.
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2016  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buymyemu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
is THAT the picture? She looks like she just paid 28% income tax!(angry)
Edited by Buymyemu
04/20/2016 8:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6362 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2016  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm glad they decided on these current changes rather than what was originally proposed. I actually like the proposed changes.

I know PC has a lot to do with this (I guess I could say completely), but I am not against this change.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6362 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2016  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
is THAT the picture? She looks like she just paid 28% income tax!

I thought the same thing! I doubt that is the picture that the BEP will use.
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2016  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buymyemu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not my choice.

Edited by Buymyemu
04/20/2016 8:55 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11853 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2016  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why don't they let all Americans vote on candidates that the BEP proposes for who we would like to see on new bills ?
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10102 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2016  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Related discussion here and here.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4196 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2016  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why don't they let all Americans vote on candidates that the BEP proposes for who we would like to see on new bills ?

Because there's always the chance you'd end up with something like Boaty McBoatface.

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...earch-vessel
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2016  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buymyemu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Boaty! I love it.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5034 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2016  12:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Because there's always the chance you'd end up with something like Boaty McBoatface.

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...earch-vessel

South Park prophesized this back in 2004.

If you know, you know. If you don't you are like the rest of 99% of the problem.

The last 2 season also prophesize near future.

It is sad how an animated cartoon series is dead on.

But since this forum is "family friendly" I will leave it at that and wish the their best in the not so distant future.

Valued Member
262 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2016  02:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollectorKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wouldn't have been my first choice..
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2016  06:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps it was time to address the PC currency situation. Although I am ANYTHING BUT PC. Still... It was time. But please forgive me... That new note is god aweful ugly! YMMV
Pillar of the Community
United States
579 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2016  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PC run amuck .... AGAIN !!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11853 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2016  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even Dr. Ben Carson, the Republican candidate that dropped out, doesn't like who their putting on the $20 . He says they should put her on the two dollar bill or a new $25 dollar bill .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
757 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2016  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add davec13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had headline news on while driving to work and they were talking about this. The educated news lady said they should put her on the 2 dollar bill, but they don't make them anymore

I personally don't like the idea as its only going to open a can of worms as to why "insert name" isn't on a bill. If we need a woman on a bill bring Liberty back.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05