Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$2 Bill Post mint Bank Stamp or At Mint ink smear/stamp?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1379 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2016  2:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
When one takes a close look at the ink it appears the same color as same as bill, This does not look like a Bank Stamp that one sees once in a while. Please tell me what you think. I have another 2 dollar bill that has a smear which appears to have a similar right angle on it but thicker and more of a smear.

Bill in Question?

Example of another bill, notice the top right angle?
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
United States
607 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2016  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lettow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a teller's stamp appearing on both sides of the band.
Pillar of the Community
United States
515 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2016  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got some too.

Edited by cashhound
04/26/2016 4:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1536 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2016  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with @lettow, and would call them teller stamp marks.

The fact that they are the same color as the bill (black) is coincidence.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1379 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2016  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I have looked very closely at the bill it looks nothing like a teller stamp, The ink pattern isn't the same as teller stamps I have seen, I was hoping by putting this up someone else would have a bill with the same type and cashhound thank you, you confirmed for me, I believe this is not a teller stamp. There is no way your hundreds are teller stamps. StevelnTampa, the back of the one two dollar bill is not the same as the other. Two different bills, Its a smear for sure on that one. Hoping more bills show up. I will get a teller stamp note and share the pic once I have one again.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
United States
607 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2016  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lettow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, have it your way. Its not a teller stamp. Now send to a TPG for grading. Let us know the result.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2527 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2016  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely a teller stamp, no if ands or buts.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1536 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2016  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe @arby96 it's wishful thinking.....not all teller stamps are the same.
Just because you haven't seen the pattern before, doesn't make it a BEP error.
Edited by SteveInTampa
04/27/2016 3:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1771 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2016  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have learned that when one asks for an opinion, then disagrees, just move on..
Pillar of the Community
United States
515 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2016  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... I will get a teller stamp note and share the pic once I have one again.
Looking forward to it.

Edited by cashhound
04/27/2016 7:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1379 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2016  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Such Hostility, a bit surprised. no wishful thinking just intrigued! Ink smears are over rated as an error.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carrinia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The discussion is little old, but I have 3 two dollar bills 1976 that have similar ink smears. It seems that these smears appear only in the two dollar bills. Any suggestions.
Learn More...
United States
63556 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
607 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lettow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please post pictures. What has been posted so far are not ink smears, they are teller stamps regardless of what the OP thinks.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05