Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Good Price On $5 Gold Eagle?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Canada
9 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2016  5:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 1treasurehunter1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on this site for a couple of years now and finally decided to sign up. I'm mostly into coin roll hunting and looking for deals on eBay. I've found several interesting error coins in my change and will be showing the coins in the near future.

Anyhow, I recently purchased a 1899 $5 gold eagle for $495 and I was wondering if it was a good deal. It's graded ms-64 by NGC however the Hologram is slightly damaged.

I've attached a few photos of the coin for you to look at. Thank you so much for your help.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1450 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2016  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add terry8835 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it is truly an MS64 I think you got a good deal. Looking at "Coins" magazine it shows an MS63 going for $515.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4697 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2016  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
was that price in Canadian or U.S.?
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 19 year old collector from the GTA area of Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4178 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2016  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsfreeworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what is the NGC Cert numberon the coin?
Canada
9 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2016  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1treasurehunter1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The price was in US dollars. The certification number is 148589-003. Thanks so much!
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2016  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JFH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, you did very well.
JFH
Pillar of the Community
United States
9274 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2016  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a good price for sure. Don't worry about the hologram at all - it does not affect the value of this coin that I'd value at $600+ easily.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2016  12:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very good deal, nice score!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05