Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Highest graded coin by ICCS

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
300 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2016  11:50 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add XWLCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Saw this on eBay. Thought it was kinda funny. 191922550796

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2332 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4123 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2016  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right off the scale, neat
Pillar of the Community
United States
750 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2016  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you sure someone from INB hasn't taken over?
Have you gotten your half dollar fix today?

$40 CRH - 2x 35% 5c, 1x 40% 50c
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2106 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2016  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has 'Asyn' bought out ICCS?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3049 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2016  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Check AgCoinAu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add AgCoinAu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DE59
R.C.N.A. #23833
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2947 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2016  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Speaking of , (ICCS obvious typo aside) , whatever did happen to ASYN ? ?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3122 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2016  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He wants 100K + $3 shipping... what happens if it gets lost in the mails since it's being shipped w/o tracking?
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1496 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2016  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am guessing ASYN got tired of shipping 99 cent coins out with free shipping.....then discovered his sales plumetted when he started to charge for shipping........and decided the whole thing was not worth his time. I suspect he has moved on to a new trading business that is more lucrative.

The coin looks kind of dull but maybe it is a bad photo. SUpposed to be MS66?
Valued Member
Canada
300 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2016  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add XWLCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ASYN is still around!
Their original eBay account got blocked but continued to use Their second eBay account called asynpm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1723 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pocket change 50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find Asyn shipping expensive $5 for a single coin. Buy 3 and save 33% on shipping. Buy over 9 coins and save 50% on shipping. I stopped buying from him, shipping prices are ridiculous! He probably makes more on shipping!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2839 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wildflowerAB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed shipping was dropped to $3 on sold items for the acct that XWL mentions, away until August. As I a recall somewhere in the eBay selling agreement it's stipulated shipping charges is to reflect cost, may have been why he finally got blocked. I presume eBay doesn't collect fees on shipping charges. At $5, Asyn likely profited more on shipping than coins as many of us came to realize " BU" can also stand for Brutally Used.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2947 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay does take a percentage on shipping. Anyone who ships untracked in Canada is a very foolish eBay seller. It can cost you your account if you run into a few scammers. Therefore it is virtually impossible to offer neat low cost coins to Canadian eBayers. Tracked shipping in Canada to Canadians is a minimum of CAD $10.80 registered letter. There is also the Tax issue for sellers who play the game right.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2839 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wildflowerAB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Pacificoin, didn't know that. Asyn shipped untracked regardless of the shipping costs calculated. You're not familiar with Asyn and the reputation thereof? Shoddy photos and all? Likely eBay.ca's top volume, low value seller.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/asynpm/m.htm...046732.m1684
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2947 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually very familiar with them. Selling coins on eBay has evolved considerably. Dealers such as ASYN were quite common in the early days.
They did sell some interesting stuff as well as the lower end.
Valued Member
Canada
300 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add XWLCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone who ships untracked in Canada is a very foolish eBay seller

Really... Foolish.... So I sell a low value item untracked and I'm a a fool.
Risks will be taken. It's part of selling on eBay, it doesn't Matter if it's tracked or untracked. Scammers will be scammers
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05