Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006P LMC Unlisted - New Spike head  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2704 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  10:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just found this one in a different Loomis roll, this baby is in much better condition.

thanks for looking

Pillar of the Community
United States
1412 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dbrablec to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice one...

im trying to decide - whether or not it is worth the time - to try to identify this type of error coing (also the "bie" and things likt that). where as I
DO - enjoy finding and matching coins to "listed" coins, it is not like we are trying to identify "variety" coins.

as much as I appreciated, and admire the people that are extending their knowledge and expertise, and time and effort to provide these listing - I also notcice that I fnid many coins that I cannot match to know "listed" errora and varieties. (especially matching the die markers.

i find it almsot as frusteration, as I find it rewarding.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2704 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I know what you mean especially for some of the years on the BIE's (tons of listings). I think there are many members and collectors that do not bother with the Spike Head or BIE listings. It is pretty much a matter of what you like to put into your coin collection hobby. There are no rights or wrongs on what you like to collect.

For me they are fun (and the BIE's very challenging at times) - but when I started about a year ago, they really helped me learn about coins and the process of how they are made, etc.
Edited by CoinCents
01/11/2017 11:38 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
526 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newbie234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin! I really like the spike heads!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1789 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add uruman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice spiked head congratulations I do collect bies and spiked head and for some people they have a 1 or 2 dollar value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6949 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always fun to find and that is a particularly LONG spike head. Congratulations.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2704 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for checking it out. I got to look through 6 Loomis rolls and it was so much fun.
Valued Member
United States
283 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2017  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JC Stevens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one I listed as SKH-1c-2006-02.

http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-ce...s-2000-2009/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1264 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2017  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am happy there are Spikes and BIE's. I find quite a few and without them, searching would be kind of boring. Nice spike CoinCents !
Pillar of the Community
United States
2704 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2017  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks JC it looks great.

@11997755 I agree
Pillar of the Community
United States
5022 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2017  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Check CoinMasters's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A very nice and long Spike Head. The condition is great on this one. I guess it makes up for that worn greaser. Now you can write your own ticket!
Beauty is in the eye of the holder
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Coins-Paper...rne0&_sop=10
Pillar of the Community
United States
2704 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2017  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, this one is nice for a change .
Thanks CM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05