Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Index - Women Of Rome Coinage (List Project)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
945 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2017  11:11 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add lrbguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is an index to the list project "Women of Rome" coinage started by EFLargeCents.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON THIS INDEX THREAD. This will be updated periodically and kept as a sticky at the head of the list to make it easier to navigate to a person you wish to study.

Links are provided below for all the threads for this project as listed chronologically by the women depicted. If you have coin specimens to add for these women, please do so in the thread provided at any of the links below.

Sabina - Wife of Hadrian
Faustina I - Wife of Antoninus Pius
Faustina II - Wife of Marcus Aurelius
Lucilla - Wife of Lucius Verus
Crispina - Wife of Commodus
Didia Clara - Daughter of Didius Julianus
Julia Domna - Wife of Septimius Severus
Plautilla - Wife of Caracalla
Julia Paula - 1st Wife of Elagabalus
Aquilia Severa - 2nd Wife of Elagabalus
Annia Faustina - 3rd Wife of Elagabalus
Julia Maesa - Sister of Julia Domna
Julia Soaemias - Mother of Elagabalus
Julia Mamaea - Mother of Severus Alexander
Orbiana - Wife of Severus Alexander
Paulina - Wife of Maximinus I Thrax
Tranquillina - Wife of Gordianus III
Otacilia Severa - Wife of Philippus I
Herennia Etruscilla - Wife of Trajan Decius
Mariniana - Wife of Valerianus I
Salonina - Wife of Gallienus
Severina - Wife of Aurelianus
Magnia Urbica - Wife of Carinus
Galeria Valeria - Wife of Galerius
Helena - Mother of Constantinus I
Theodora - Wife of Constantius I
Fausta - Wife of Constantinus I
Aelia Flaccilla - Wife of Theodosius I
Aelia Eudoxia - Wife of Arcadius

Edited by lrbguy
01/21/2017 11:14 am
Learn More...
United States
70931 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2017  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please reply with links to any new threads as they are created.

When approved by the project coordinators, we will embed those links in the appropriate spot on the list above.

Thank you all!
Pillar of the Community
United States
945 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2017  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lrbguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(Please do not delete)
EF Large Cents and I have discussed these points and agree that there are a couple of ground rules that will keep the project on track.

The point and purpose of this project is twofold:
1. to provide a showcase for coins in our collections
2. to increase our understanding of the history and numismatics of our coins.

All visitors to this list are invited to post additions to any of the linked threads in our index (though not this index thread) provided they are relevant to the thread topics and conform to the follwing two requirements:

1. Since this is supposed to be OUR showcase, We request that pictures in posts be limited to coins you actually own. If you wish to show and discuss a coin that is not your personal property, please direct readers by a link only.

2. Any relevant coins may be discussed, but articles which only discuss history without direct reference to the coins shown are out of place in this project, and we will ask the authors to revise or remove them. (See point two above.)

It is certainly acceptable to write comments about coins displayed in a thread even if one is not posting a new coin.

Thank you for your interest in our project. We hope you will feel welcome to join the party.

Pillar of the Community
United States
945 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2017  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lrbguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(Please do not delete)

Open invitation to the whole list:

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD MATERIAL TO EACH OF THE THREADS INDEXED AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE TO YOU. Among the Roman Imperial we especially want to see varieties by mint. But more than that we don't just want Imperial silver but Imperial bronze, Roman Provincial silver and bronze, as well as fouree and barbarous. If you've got it, we want to see it and have you tell us about it. Don't forget that some coins that are insanely rare in Imperial silver, are much more affordable in Provincial bronze.

All of the names on our list are now accounted for with something, and EFLC and I will be introducing those soon. In a couple of cases I have a style show in mind. I also plan to drop a few more in threads we have already introduced in hopes that others will get on the bandwagon for their favorite ladies. Check out the notes on content and style just above this and show us your stuff.
Valued Member
Netherlands
435 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2017  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Archeo1982 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a nummus of AElia Flaccilla and 1 of Galla Placidia. but I can't find them in this list
Edited by Archeo1982
11/03/2017 2:46 pm
Learn More...
United States
70931 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2017  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Aelia Flaccilla - Wife of Theodosius I" is the penultimate item on the list. However, a topic has not been created yet.
Valued Member
181 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2018  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matt2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently got both Faustina II( silver denari) and Helena( Saint and mother of Constantine I) I find the women behind the scenes of Rome fascinating.
Learn More...
United States
70931 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2018  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Didia Clara - Daughter of Didius Julianus" added to the list in its correct location.
Pillar of the Community
United States
945 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2018  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lrbguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PERFECT!

As Gomer would say, SHAZAAAM!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Gooo - ooo - ooooollllly!
Edited by lrbguy
07/31/2018 5:32 pm
Valued Member
Hong Kong
52 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2018  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coffeyce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
please add the link

Women of Rome - Aelia Flaccilla - Wife of Theodosius I
Learn More...
United States
70931 Posts
Valued Member
Hong Kong
52 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2018  06:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coffeyce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Women of Rome - Theodora - Wife of Constantius I

please add this to the list. This should update all.

Chris
Learn More...
United States
70931 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05