Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Overpaid For This Capped Bust Half But I Just Couldn't Let It Get Away.

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  10:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4660 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
not my area but I think more like AU-53 and quite attractive, congrats.
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 19 year old collector from the GTA area of Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7178 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow. nice coin but that's a lotta cheese.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The bidding was furious with 17 users tracking the coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2432 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like from photo the coin may have some nice color that drove the price. You are about a $100 strong on the coin. You need to send to CAC if it stickers you will make your money back.
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dual-brain to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a nice one, am I mistaken, or is the O-108 signifying the rotated reverse?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5039 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like some nice toning on that one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8303 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd overpay for that one, too.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2017  01:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's also struck from clashed dies, and one of my favorite denominations for Die Varieties..

As for overpaying, as long as you're happy with the coin in hand, value shouldn't be a concern..

In hindsight, there are a number of Global Errors in my collection where my Auction Bids was Double the quoted catalog value (if you were lucky enough to locate one) that now (15 years of so later) seem like a bargain..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1459 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2017  10:13 am  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sorry I ran you up on that one. I got out as I did not feel it should go for solid AU money. Nice coin, though.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2017  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion there is no shame in overpaying for something if you really, really like it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2017  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The price will be forgotten long before your enjoyment of that beauty ends. Congratulations on a stunner.

Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2017  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Precious Mental to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Coin.
I have an 1834 with identical toning, and the reverse is rotated like yours but CCW instead.
These seem to tone in a similar manner.
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2017  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Precious Mental to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a nice one, am I mistaken, or is the O-108 signifying the rotated reverse?
The Overton numbers denote the die variety.
To have one of each variety would be a collection of 453 coins, each of a different die variety.
Edited by Precious Mental
02/01/2017 12:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2017  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the info on the die variety. http://maibockaddict.com/1813-o-108...-half-dollar
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05