Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Got This Seated Dime On Ebay

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2017  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dual-brain to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, it's listed at an absurd price; I bought it for my collection, however I'm not at the point where I can drop that much $$$ without also putting it up for sale...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4912 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2017  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can understand that. You keep it in your collection and enjoy it for now, but if someone makes a reasonable offer on it, you would sell.

Congrats again, really nice dime.
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2017  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dual-brain to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly (this is why I ask exorbitant prices.... or maybe not so exorbitant considering what those ASE's sold for yesterday)

It's the same with those Barber dimes I have
Edited by Dual-brain
03/13/2017 6:30 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
699 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2017  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Elbesaar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dualbrain,

I have admired your two Barber dimes in 58 for some time.
I can't blame you one iota for asking Moon Money for them.

As a dyed in the wool Barber collector, I really wanted those
two Dimes for my toned set - but - I can wait. I mentioned on
the Barber Thread I found two other 1898 and 1899 Dimes in
AU 58 with a blush of toning. They'll suffice for now.

I saw that 1890 Dime - and if I were a seated fan, I would have taken my chances as well....however, the seller had left such a bad taste in the mouths of so many people, I wouldn't have gone for the coin for half of what you paid. ( I wouldn't have thought you'd have gotten the1890 Dime at all. )

I guess Shane has dug himself out of the hole he fell into and is
trying to work himself up and into the admired sales professional he once was.

Edited by Elbesaar
03/30/2017 09:20 am
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2017  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dual-brain to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I took a risk with toning and eBay, however I had no idea that seller had iffy/negative dealings in the past, if I knew that before I put my bids in I probably would not have this beautiful dime now....

I am amazed though after researching him after the purchase that people still consign with him...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5827 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2017  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good pickup, from what I'máhearing at least... Can you PLEASE post pics?

Just found em

Great looking coin!
Edited by ChildOfTheWheat
03/30/2017 1:13 pm
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05