Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'm Interested In This Peace Dollar...

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10367 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  12:12 am Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I don't currently own any Peace dollars and would like to diversify, especially in silver. I also would like more slabbed coins (have one currently). What do you think about this one and what would you pay for it?

Seller's pics:

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would stay away from common date Peace dollar in lower (under 65) grade. But if you like the coin, buy it!

That's just me!
Edited by coinlover1899
03/02/2017 12:15 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10367 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  12:21 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the input. To be honest, I'm not really concerned if it's a common date.

I have an offer/counteroffer thing going on and am wondering what a reasonable price for this should be.
-Lucretius
-Kurdt Kobain
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few, none nice as that. The one I got the other day was slabbed as MS65 by some numbnut TPG, maybe you remember the pix, looked real bad out of the slab, sandy textured. See a little of that on this reverse, but those pix aren't the clearest. That looks like a strong strike. Its a common one, so I'd say $40 tops. Mine was $45, and that was by accident. Apparently when checking the auction out I had hit the bid button when scrolling my screen, didn't even know I was bidding on it til I got notice "you won!". I've seen the 22 & 23's go $30-90, how badly somebody wants it.

BTW: the auctions I do are NOT eww-boy...
Edited by Crazyb0
03/02/2017 12:33 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  12:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's very attractive and appears to be free from the ugly toning associated with Peace dollars. If the seller has a return policy without a restocking fee, you have nothing to lose.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10367 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  01:08 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for mentioning returns Mike. I somehow forgot that part.

They do offer returns (no restocking fee) and it's free shipping so at most I'm out a few bucks to ship it back.

I might spring for it as the counteroffer is a little below other current listings.
-Lucretius
-Kurdt Kobain
Edited by spruett001
03/02/2017 01:26 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3163 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  02:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say get it
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30369 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  05:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stephen,
Here is a good place to get slabbed coins: http://cheapslabs.com/cart/
Here is a price list and check eBay sold values: http://www.numismedia.com/
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
7137 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  08:00 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It'a a nice coin and worth having. Looking for a slabbed Peace dollar, eBay auctions would be my first choice, especially with all the eBay buck offers out there lately. Just some more worthless (free) advice
Edited by edweather
03/02/2017 08:00 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2431 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would not pay over $35 for the coin. The reverse does have a couple of milk spots that are common on Peace dollars. Between PCGS and NGC there are over 150,000 1922 Peace dollars graded MS63, so there are plenty to choose from.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1963 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say $35. I bought a nice MS 64 Peace for $32 and sold it for $36, so pay less than my selling price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1102 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LibertyEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with slider and coin. $35 seems ok for that coin but I don't like the milk spots. Personally I would hold out for a 64 with no spots. Going rate is about $50 on those.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 64 will only cost a little bit more.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42735 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, although this does look nice for the grade based on the pics (which are not the best).
Pillar of the Community
United States
589 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2017  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johntookit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The price for MS-64 was in the mid-forties & MS-65 right at one-hundred.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10367 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2017  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I purchased it for $40 w/ free shipping and that was the best deal I found on eBay for a 63 and Buy It Now. I received it today and have to say I'm a little disappointed. The milky spots are as pictured but the fuzzy obverse pic hid a lot of marks, especially the one on the jaw. Also, the slab (I'm assuming an older version?) has a lot of its own marks and haze.

I could return it for a few bucks. What do you think?

A recreation of the seller's first pic that would have probably steered me away...

-Lucretius
-Kurdt Kobain
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05